• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Starting A Webmaster Forum - Like Opionions

SitePenguin Ltd

Alright I just recently started a webmaster forum (day before yesterday). Luckily I have friends who are webmasters who have helped to get it going. I would like some honest reviews on the things listed bellow. Thanks in advance! :beer:

- Design
- Forums (What you think of the topics)
- Ways You Would Advertise

Site Official Forums

It probably is the best design I have seen for PHPBB. I'm not a huge fan of PHPBB, but your design appears to remove some of the annoyances I had with it.

For advertising, you should probably go to a local college and advertise there. You probably wont get a lot of people but you could get a few. I would advise you not to advertise through google, but that is just me.

As for the topics, I think you did pretty good on that area. But you should add a few more off-topic (or on topic, depending on what is posted in them) forums. Like, for example a rant forum. Lots of people like to vent.

As for the topics, I think you did pretty good on that area. But you should add a few more off-topic (or on topic, depending on what is posted in them) forums. Like, for example a rant forum. Lots of people like to vent.

Glad you like the design so much. I think I'll post the suggestion of a rant forum and see how people react (unless u want to do it lol j/k). I like to ask my friends before I pull the trigger on anything.

Back