• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stas.net now has ads

Well.....

Tom has never said that Netcabins was going to be ad-free as far as I know (which would make him one of the smart ones ;))

Its weird that while these other hosts are putting up ads, Homestead.com is taking them down. I didn't think they had enough money to do that.

But, what do I care, they suck anyways. heh.

doesn't nc-tom own envy.nu aswell? if you want some good reading you should go to the boards there and at virtue.nu and see how grateful their users are(sniggers)

I knew this would happen: Crosswinds folded so then Stas.net became popular and folded as a result of too much traffic; by the way, Stas should change all of their main pages to reflect the change - if you go to http://www.stas.net/ now, you will still see a bunch of "ad-free" claims.

[Edited by Cracker on 11-24-2000 at 10:34 PM]

homepages.go.com is still ad-free, but go.com has a lot of money behind them (They're owned by Disney and ABC), plus they only have browser uploads... one file at a time... So I'm sure they're not all that busy.

Originally posted by Sphosting.com
their behind pop-ups, its becomming a industry standard now, so get use to them.

Does this mean that these "behind" pop-ups are going to be your future method of advertising on your members' pages when you realize only how far ad-free hosting can go?

They do? I dont see any!

I dont see any ads! Where are these 'ads' on the stas.net pages? i have tried 2 stas.net pages, SuperWavs (as above) and one of my friends sites, and I dont see any adverts on the pages. (I do see one on SuperWavs, however this is not stas.net's advertising). I don't get any popup's either.

Re: They do? I dont see any!

Originally posted by kyethespy
I dont see any ads! Where are these 'ads' on the stas.net pages? i have tried 2 stas.net pages, SuperWavs (as above) and one of my friends sites, and I dont see any adverts on the pages. (I do see one on SuperWavs, however this is not stas.net's advertising). I don't get any popup's either.

I just clicked on that SuperWav site .. and it does have a pop-up ... it pop-ups up and hides behind the superwav site window. Look @ your start bar for an extra browser window.

no i'm just saying that most internet sites are beginning to use pop-up and behind pop-ups. you took me out of context, That was a personal remark from experience.

if u read there pages netcabins will have banners
a 480x60 banner that u get to place on your pages where ever u want
they jus haven't made the code yet
so sorry to burst your bubble

Look at the source code...

Hey guys, Stas *does* put ads on members' pages. It's in the form of an invisible frame but sometimes popup ads will appear. The popups are random. Again, I suggest looking a Stat.net members' source code.

Sounds like either a banner rotation or they are hiding the banner page with a frame (and every now and then the banner from the banner page incl. a popup)? I haven't checked the code.

Back