• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stereo question

loggerheads

Ok, so I've just bought a new portable cd player which also plays mp3 cds, in order to tide me over till I get the cash for an mp3 player proper. Anyway, it works fine, does the job, but I was thinking it'd be cool if I could play it through my current stereo system.
Basically, I have a video/aux input on the main hifi system, but no corresponding output on the portable player. So I'm wondering if there's some way/cable that can be used to connect a headphone jack to a video/aux jack, or if I can do it some other way. This isn't a car stereo, so I don't think a traditional headphone-tape deck converter is gonna cut it.
any ideas welcome.

You can go 3.5mil stereo plug [headphone plug] to RCA [AV lead].. your stereo will proablly have a RCA in somewhere... go to your local tv store.

this is what you need:

Stereo Mini-Jack to RCA
small end to player, red/white ends in your system in sound input
180-3-5S-RCAPX2.jpg

Most elect stors should have it for a few bucks, ex Radio Shack

You won't get particularly good sound connecting an amplified jack to a stereo though. :confused5

Turn off any bass boost setting on the CD player, and don't turn the volume on it any higher than about 3/4.

Back