• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

strange problem... wat u say about it?

Desert_Rose

proble4.jpg

here's the screenshot of what happend to me......

where it says open & explore there are some strange symbols...
my kasper is not updated.. is this coz of any virus, spyware or any other f**kng ----

please tell me the solution of this...
thanks

Last edited:
Hey desert, I would almost say yes to spyware etc.

What is the os? there may be a few things that can counter this :).

thats a new one on me, looks like spyware/virus. I would run a couple free scans and such. If you run into any issues, let me know on AIM and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

This sounds obvious, but have you tried restarting? I've run into several problems with Windows Server 2k3 displaying error messages in Asian languages - restarting usually solves the problem.

sorry for putting up no details in the 1st post..
i was using win xp sp1.. yesterday due to a crash i have to re-install the windows so i switched to sp2.. than i used a flash stick of a friend. that has viruses and my kasper AV was not updated that time to detect them.. now i have updated my kasper AV it has detected some viruses and removed them.. they were
1. svchost.exe in windows directory
2. RavMon.exe in every partitaion of my disk
3. trojan.win32.agent.abt
4. email-worm.win32.brontok.q
5. win32.hidrage.a (run as svchost.exe) also known as win32/jeefo
6. MDM.exe in c:/windows

i think my system is clean now..
but those symbols still there and when i double click any of the partitaion to open it... it opens a dialog box saying " open with" choose the program to open the file c:/ or D:/ .......

waiting for your response.. i hope i will get good response from you guys..
thanks in advance

Last edited:
RavMon, I ran into that one at work. That was the infamous "iPod virus" that shipped with a few of the iPods by default.

I would run a Chkdsk on reboot. I bet some of the Windows files are corrupt and need repair.

Start->Run->type CMD
In Command Prompt, type Chkdsk C: /r
when asked to perform on reboot type Y
-Reboot machine and let it do its thing. This process could easily take over an hour.

Install the rest of the Windows Updates if there are some you don't have yet.

Very possible that it will, yes. Doesn't hurt at least to try ;) Let me know how it works for you

SVChost is indeed a windows service.
SCVhost is not, and is often disguised as a system file when it is really a virus.

Did the chkdsk on reboot not fix it?

C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe is system file
not
C:/WINDOWS/svchost.exe

where i found it in windows directory which mean its not the system file..

Matt... chkdsk didn't helped... im still searching for the cure

Last edited:
SVChost is indeed a windows service.
SCVhost is not, and is often disguised as a system file when it is really a virus.

Did the chkdsk on reboot not fix it?

I had problems with that before...

Boot your computer in safe mode and run an AV scan and spyware scan.

As rational thought hasn't got you anywhere, have you considered a fist fight with the offending equipment ??

Seriosuly though, is it really worth doing a billion scans with a thousand bits of software, just delete windows and start again .........

As rational thought hasn't got you anywhere, have you considered a fist fight with the offending equipment ??

Seriosuly though, is it really worth doing a billion scans with a thousand bits of software, just delete windows and start again .........

Depends what they got on there mate, but of course we all back up our important stuff :eek3: :p

I prefer to install OS and apps on one partition and all data(including profile) on another - then your suggestion is the best option, but might be too much to lose.

Back