• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stupidity of Free Web Space?

Dr. MAS

Dear Members, Hi to all

There are lot of sites which offer free web space for their clients. Even few sites offer above 100 MB web space. I think, in this space one can easily upload or build his/her own personal or buisness site.

My question is, why people dislike these type of free web space offers?

What is the stupidity involve in procuring these type of spaces?

Is this not a good way to procure a domain name (by paying just 6 dollar for one year) and link that domain to free web space where your site is running (hosted) and save hundred of dollars per anum which you were thinking to expense on procuring web spaces?

The only reason which you can give here is:

These free web space sites display banners at top or bottom of your sites. I think we don't have to worry about these banners because mostly these banners are linked with google or yahoo (or free web space owners) type search engines. At sites where these banners are displaying the google search engine scan these sites on daily or weekly basis and in this way your information which are available at your sites can be accessible easily when anybody will search through these engines like google or yahoo etc. This is great great advantage to reach safely to your clients without expending anything and more over bothering anything. :)

One more thing, I have also observed that few site owners after procuring the web space, they requested to google company to link (their own interested google ads) google ads at their sites. This means that you pay for the web space and again you are yourself demanding google to send their link at your sites so that their engine may scan your data sites on daily basis? so that it may be available for rest of the world. What do you think, is this not correct? :(

I am not against in purchasing web spaces (because as a profession in this field I am very much involved in this buisness and I know the limitation of free web space offers), actually I was thinking what's wrong with these type of free offering for web space.

Any strong reason? Which advantage you want to take from purchasing your own web space?

Looking forward for your healthy response and feed back..

Take care

Dr. MAS
www.drmas.tk
(This profile was designed by my student for me. Look at the domain. It's simple, unique and easily accessible and above all its free then why demand from others to pay you for domain registeration :D )

Last edited:
Hi Doc :)

I am totaly agree with you :)

Though I can also give you some reasons for buying a pay host.

Depending of the type of plan you buy, you can have total control on your server. Installing scripts, programs, or any other software that on free hosts is usually forbidden.

What you say is true, but maybe only if you hve to choose from a good free host and a very cheap pay host plan. The only difference will be that pay host will not force you any advertising... or steal your trafic.

Good luck
oldman2

jerry4dos said:
It's very -- "purple" -- isn't it?

I think it's difficult on one's eyes to read text in purple, pink & red. How can the text be taken seriously?

I guess the argument merits the font colors.

QReyes said:
1. BannerAds
2. Low bandwidth
3. Selective files (no zips allowed)

Thanks for the response :)

Many free host services offer you free services without banners. Second point is, some time you (yourself) demand banners when you ask google and yahoo to place your site in search engine. Then google and yahoo add advertisement banners at your site. I don't think so, it is a valid point. :)

Many services now offering high bandwidth.

Yes, zip file issue is valid issue, but who cares about zip files. Your common member never demands zip files. Few free services also offers you free services for uploading zip files.

jerry4dos said:
It's very -- "purple" -- isn't it?

Yup cant read anything i gone color blind all the sudden so can u repost it in black and white colors dont help anyone and u need to have good taste for colors ur taste sucked .

And i heard somewhere that if u provide free web space u get some sort of tax deduction maybe thats why people offer webspace if i am wrong correct me !!!

Dr. MAS said:
www.drmas.tk
(This profile was designed by my student for me. Look at the domain. It's simple, unique and easily accessible and above all its free then why demand from others to pay you for domain registeration :D )
because it is always down, it has popups and you have to wait 15 seconds before it will go to your site

link107 said:
And i heard somewhere that if u provide free web space u get some sort of tax deduction maybe thats why people offer webspace if i am wrong correct me !!!
you are wrong :)

Actually Hanz you are wrong as if you donate hosting to a non-profit organization that is eligble to issue tax-deductible reciepts you can then indeed claim it.
There is a long long list of companies/groups that this applies to. Even your local church.

Back