• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sub Domains is a Seperate url for SEO?

jennyjackson

I have a url hosted by hostgator lets call it:- example.com it is a site about social media.
Hostgator allow free subdomains so i uploaded sport68.example.com this is a site about sport

I want to get as much traffic as possible to the sport68.example.com site
Question is should i pay for and host a seperate url like sport68.com for SEO purposes or does Google not care whether my sport site is a sub domain or a seperate url?

hosting ur other sites on ur sub domain will help in alexa ranking.
but for the page rank, it won't help that much.
google give your sub domain its own page rank.

It is better to get a main domain name. It is more hard for you to use a subdomain for SEO. Ofcourse if you get a main domain and your subdomain will bring some advantages to your main domain.
Not even main domain and subdomain will influence , the domain they use also will slightly influence as well.
I still advise you to get a main domain for your website which is important. People will trust you more.

IMO you can run a separate SEO for optimizing your sub-domain, thus you will get benefit for your main domain also. There is no harm in to so just go for it.

I believe that bakclinks and links exchange will be reasonable for you to generate traffic to your web site.
Directory submission sites can be also helpful to achieve this goal.

It helps. Better if you can have the subdomain on a different IP. Another SEO factor is the page speed ... to increase the speed you can put images on a subdomain for example static.site.com

Last edited:
It helps. Better if you can have the subdomain on a different IP. Another SEO factor is the page speed ... to increase the speed you can put images on a subdomain for example static.site.com

I suppose you wanted to say that the links (backlinks) to your web site should be placed on the web sites which are hosted on various C class IPs?
As far as I know that is not such important which IP your links are being submitted from.

I suppose you wanted to say that the links (backlinks) to your web site should be placed on the web sites which are hosted on various C class IPs?
As far as I know that is not such important which IP your links are being submitted from.
Yes, on different C class IPs. But I think it's also good to host your subdomain on a different IP if you'll link to the main site from the subdomain.

I believe that Google treats subdomains as effectively being different sites, however as some people have said above, this can definitely be advantageous for SEO purposes.

One thing I do know though is that Google does tend to discount links from the same IP, which is the reason why so many people above are saying that subdomains should be on different Class C Ips at the very least.

Back