• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sudden drop in Google PageRank

weblaunch

Hi,

A few days ago, I was ecstatic to find that one of my new sites received a PR3 from Google just a month and a half of launching. Today, I discovered that PR dropped back to zero. Has anyone had this happened to you before? Is this a temporary glitch with Google's algrothm?

I checked my site on Google and found that the backlinks and search rankings are still intact, so the drop likely will not affect my traffic very much. Personally, I don't think too highly of the Google PR system, but since there are too many people who do, it's important to play along with them if I am to do business with them.

I think it could have been a glitch in the system, they have it once in a blue moon but it happens. It could have given you a false PR3 reading and they corrected it to give off the actual reading.

Back