• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suggestions on where to register domain

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
I was wondering if people can give me a good place to register my domain, like which is the most user friendly, support if needed, etc.

Thanks

I've used both GoDaddy and NameCheap, and haven't had any real problems with them. Bother user interfaces are kind of odd, although NameCheap's is a little bit better than GoDaddy's.

I was wondering if people can give me a good place to register my domain, like which is the most user friendly, support if needed, etc.

Thanks
I personally would recommend my registrar - name.com. Their website is always fast, is clean, concise and simple. I've never had a problem. Their ongoing price is $7.99, and the first year is $5.99. They accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Paypal. And include all their features in the price of the domain - they don't charge for anything besides registrations, incoming transfers and renewals. So you can use full dns control, url/email forwarding, private whois, google email/webpage, and whatever other features are there without any additional payment. Ownership transfer is also free.

I did try namecheap, but I guess my paycheck card wasnt activated yet, so I failed their auth 3 times. I ended up going to name.com, and got my patriotsfanzone.com

Thanks for the replies.

On the better note, I would recommend GoDaddy as NameCheap had there issues recently
Namely?

I am a late godaddy user (got an account so someone could push a domain to me) and it is damned annoying to trying to do stuff without them trying to sell you a bunch of other stuff. Namecheap gets my vote for that reason.

Namecheap is very good with a simple user interface. Godaddy has a really complicated (pointless complicated) interface.

I am a late godaddy user (got an account so someone could push a domain to me) and it is damned annoying to trying to do stuff without them trying to sell you a bunch of other stuff. Namecheap gets my vote for that reason.
Hence why I mentioned name.com doesn't sell anything besides 1. registrations, 2. renewals and 3. transfers - and I've bought all three! :lol:

domainsite.com and idotz.net are my favourites I would recommend them to anybody.
Good to hear, domainsite.com is sister-site to name.com ;) (they're almost the same, except name.com has a lower 1st year price, and gives free private whois where domainsite charges .50c/yr) :beer:

Back