• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Teamspeak Support Server- What ya all think?

[MyG]Catlin

Teamspeak Support Server- What ya all think?

I have decided to set up a Teamspeak server, public, 1000 slots for my web hosting corporation. Do you think clients that have Game Servers, VOIP (IE Teamspeak, Ventrillo), Webhosting, VPS, and Dedicated boxes will use it?

I looked into it before, but found Skype worked better - More people have skype, and the quality is mostly better.

Hmm, but isn't Skype used less? For that matter a 1-800 would work better than Skype as Skype is just like a phone in a way.

Skype is an IM as well so I think more people will use it.

I personally wouldn't want to download additional software just for support. Though you can survey your clients to see if majority use skype or TS

Alright. I just want to keep it as an option. I still offer support via forum, ticket, MSN, AIM, X Fire, Yahoo and live site chat. Just wanted to know if anyone would try Teamspeak for support as its voice.

Skype to Skype calls are high quality and free - Also, skype contacts can use skype as an IM system like Electrism said.

The features of skype, including personal calls, or joint calls, to me personally, are much better than TeamSpeak.

Keep them both. I'd personally choose Skype but I only have a 2mb line, so my bandwidth gets eaten up and I can't join a chat this is 3 way, because my net kicks the other user since it's lagging behind.

I myself offer support via Support Tickets MSN Aim yahoo skype xfire AND TeamSpeak

No matter what someone can get ahold of me ;)

edit: and soon phone support :D

I actually find it a bit strange to use TeamSpeak as a support method, but if it works then no complaints. I do not offer something like that as I am more based around webhosting, and not game servers;etc so it may work for a gameserver host as most of the webmasters have and use TeamSpeak with their gameservers. It would very from host to host I suppose.

I still prefer the basic methods: Live Help, Support, email, forums.

actually find it a bit strange to use TeamSpeak as a support method, but if it works then no complaints. I do not offer something like that as I am more based around webhosting, and not game servers;etc so it may work for a gameserver host as most of the webmasters have and use TeamSpeak with their gameservers. It would very from host to host I suppose.

I still prefer the basic methods: Live Help, Support, email, forums.

I was asking for GameServer Provider advice and hosting comps that do it, not just plain old hosting.....

Im using teamspeak and its populated now, 25 users on it, doing good so far :D

Back