• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Teenage Cancer Awareness Site - Looking For Volunteers

Thorny

Hello There,

Recently I lost a family member to 3 lots of cancer namingly: Breast, Brain and Liver. She fought the cancers for 2 years until becomming immobile and bed stricken until 4 months ago she was moved into a Care Home where she finally lied to rest, this insipred me to set up many fund raising activities from walks and runs to being a dustbin man for a day, all in the name of cancer research.

My nana was always enthusiastic about helping other people out and now that i've experienced what cancer does to families i would like to help many other families out, but more so teenagers such as myself. Teenagers often keep a lot of feelings and emotions to themselves which may lead to further problems such as severe depression or stress, so I am aiming to open up a new website to offer teenagers a place of comfort" and emotional release surrounding the effects of cancer upon the family. I shall also eventually broaden my horizons by eventually becomming a registered charity as i have now got my whole family involved. However in order to start us off we really need a few resources:

So, this is where you guys could put your bit towards helping families out, we are in need of a Top level domain really or even a .info would do for now, we also need a catchy "teen" like name but is also mature and related to the nature of the site. Also due to the fact that we hope to setup several sites it would be ideal for the use of a "free" reseller, i know that resources aint cheap but it really would help us out. We also would like a host that has been in business for more than 1 year and would like some proof. I am quite happy to post ads just aslong as they are moderate in content and tie in with the nature of our site!

So here's the "request" summed up:

Free Reseller
------------------
2GB Space
10Gb Bandwidth
AwStats
cPanel is preferred
Features, unmetered
==================
Domain
---------------
This domain would be purchased by myself but recent funding has been placed into a large charity event in my local area, so, we are looking for a TLD to be "donated" by a hosting company they may keep ownership of it if they wish, a .info would do but a .co.uk or .com would be amazing.
==================
Site Name
---------------
As i touched on above i really need a site name that will eventually be the charities name, if anyone has any suggestions remember the site is:

• Teen Informative
  • Cancer Support Related
  • Light Hearted

If anyone would like to get involved in helping me out with this site please PM or reply here.

Many Thanks
Sam

Hi i have pm you. One question though. in your sig you say webhost? are you a web host already?

Hi dan, no if you look again you'll notice it does actually say WebHost Support/Sales, seems the line break makes it look like WebHost lol :D sorry buddy ;)

PS: PM Replied to....

Last edited:
Yep ;) Ti's true, please note that i am still looking. I shall be making my decision by Wednesday 29th August...then i shall make headway with the project :D

[CH]Dan;907461 said:
ok and we also can provide you with a .info

On CancerHost's behalf, UW Hosting will donate you (TS_Sam) 1 .com / .net / .org TLD free and it will be configured for your website on CancerHost. :beer:

Wow, i really thank you for this guys, I have come up with a possible name of, BeYoungBeAware.Com or something along the lines, as all i really want to do is raise awareness about cancer etc.

Gfun, if you could purchase the domain, BeYoungBeAware.Com that'd be great mate, i really do appreciate it, as for Dan, please set me up an account when you can;) PS: gfun, i'll pm you with NS's when i recieve information

Wow, i really thank you for this guys, I have come up with a possible name of, BeYoungBeAware.Com or something along the lines, as all i really want to do is raise awareness about cancer etc.

Gfun, if you could purchase the domain, BeYoungBeAware.Com that'd be great mate, i really do appreciate it, as for Dan, please set me up an account when you can;) PS: gfun, i'll pm you with NS's when i recieve information

No need to send the nameservers over :)

Anyways, follow the instructions I sent you in a PM and your domain will be set up :beer:

Back