• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Finale Of ASP .....

aspfunda

Well some of you will remember my post for a 'good' :rolleyes: ASP host a few months back ... after a long deliberation with my friends and my ego .. I have given in to the fact that if I want free hosting its just got to be PHP. The 1 year I spent perfecting my ASP and the 3 months I spent on .NET were a waste .. Keeping tabs on the list of free hosts which roll out every week most of the senior members will know that the ratio of an ASP host to one that supports PHP would be 1:30 (at the best) and looking at the ad free professional .. ok .. intermediate level it would be 1:200 (again at the best) I have now finished trying out 6 no .. 7 hosts .. all a bust none which you can use at the higher or even intermediate level .. either put up with ads or put up with no FTP and on top of that the slowest speeds ( Yes that includes Brinkster ) Though I dont have too many hopes. If in the near future any of you plan to Make a "Free" Hosting Plan for ASP .NET send m a mail .... One more thing If anybody could tell me about some free server software other that IIS which i could use to test my apps on my PC ( Win 98 ) as ASP .Net wont conventionally work on it .. I would really appreciate it .. Thanks ... :cry2:

Actually, you might be surprised to learn that there really aren't any ad-free reliable PHP hosts either. There's ish.biz, which is reliable, but they have a footer button. Tripod UK is supposed to have advertising, although ads don't show up on PHP pages because of a glitch. Plus, it's not that reliable anyway. I'm sorry to hear that you have not found any reliable ASP hosts. I recommend that you tried paid hosting. The ratio of paid Windows to *nix hosts is probably something like 1:3. :)

Originally posted by aspfunda
One more thing If anybody could tell me about some free server software other that IIS which i could use to test my apps on my PC ( Win 98 ) as ASP .Net wont conventionally work on it .. I would really appreciate it .. Thanks ... :cry2:
You can try and get an evaluation version of Windows 2003 Server(although I'm not sure the RC2 program is still open or not) if you have a 600Mhz+ spare PC laying around. It expires after 364 days but that's still a whole year away :).
I doubt anything except IIS 6 would do a good job of serving .NET sites.

Re: Re: The Finale Of ASP .....

Originally posted by CareBear
You can try and get an evaluation version of Windows 2003 Server(although I'm not sure the RC2 program is still open or not) if you have a 600Mhz+ spare PC laying around. It expires after 364 days but that's still a whole year away :).
I doubt anything except IIS 6 would do a good job of serving .NET sites.

Following up on that, you can get windows XP or Windows 2000 ( Dont ask me where, and how. ) then install them, and update the IIS, and it should be able to serve ASP .NET

All the ideas are great .. Thanks a lot .. even though its meaningless for a 333 Celeron .. :) I'm Now looking at a friends computer 3.0 ghz just brand new ... maybe he'll agree to host my site ( If I can tell him how to manage it ) Anyway Thanks and once again .. If anybody comes up ith a ASP .NET host just tell me .. Thanks

Well i'm sorry i didnt make my self clear but of course free ..... :rolleyes: ..... If i had cash i would pay but well what i do doesnt pay much ...

Back