• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The great thing about living in australia!

Kaliber

Kaliber
NLC
Well - when u design a website for a client and they pay you say $400 USD it works out to be about $800 USD - their is also the flip side when you have to pay hosting fees to an american which sucks sometimes!

Anyway, their is my 2c,
Phuzion

the worst thing about living in Australia:
Telstra's 3 GB monthly cap on there "Unlimited" cable internet plans. :devious2:

Originally posted by Phuzion
Well - when u design a website for a client and they pay you say $400 USD it works out to be about $800 USD - their is also the flip side when you have to pay hosting fees to an american which sucks sometimes!

Anyway, their is my 2c,
Phuzion

Everything in this country costs double anyways, so it don't really matter :p

Originally posted by evilhaze
the worst thing about living in Australia:
Telstra's 3 GB monthly cap on there "Unlimited" cable internet plans. :devious2:
Telstra sucks.

I have friends who are stuck with Telstra and they can't play online games because it sucks up their bandwidth. Some of them have gone back to dial up because the limit is gone.

Originally posted by trenzterra
Why did they register for Telstra in the first place? They should ditch the ISP.
If Australia is anyway like Canada, a cable company has a monopoly over one area.

And why did they register for Telstra?
a) They didn't have the limit back then.
b) If it is a monopoly, that was probably their only option for high-speed internet.

Originally posted by Coolin
If Australia is anyway like Canada, a cable company has a monopoly over one area.

And why did they register for Telstra?
a) They didn't have the limit back then.
b) If it is a monopoly, that was probably their only option for high-speed internet.
they could easily go to optus@home or whatever. Optus @home offers cable internet...

Originally posted by Asian_DOC
Hey Coolin. Can I ask you a question. Can you explain your signature? Is it leet speak? It's killing me!
I cannot say what 4 3 6 F 6 F 6 C 6 9 6 E means or you'll be hexed forever! :eek:

Uh, I have always thought you had kept the binary form of your signature. Yeah, that's it. :eek::eek:

Optus is better than telstra but my friend downloaded 10gb worth of stuff on optus cable in one day and he got kicked off for 2 weeks. :D

Although that all happened while I was away from the PC (camping), and seemed to have completley resolved. :)

trenzterra, they're pretty good... I was with them for a few months before I was on Optus. If you really want the net to move a bit faster you should have a look at their ADSL offers.

Theres supposedly going to be some new company putting down it's own... er... line thingys (the ones used for cable modem...uh...) sometime next year or so... So I'm gonna wait for them, and hopefully they wont be as shit as Telstra.

Seriously, what sort of joke is a 3 gig download limit? Pfffft.

Until then, I'm stuck on 56k... which sucks, because Tel$tra charge $20 a month just for PHONE LINE RENTAL.

I can't get over that.

Bloody savages.

Back