• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The new LxLabs!

macaws

Hello,
As many of you know, the owner of LxLabs committed suicide... It was a terrible loss.... But, some of his developers have stared LxCenter, and they plan on taking over where LxLabs left off. Their site is lxcenter.org... I was thrilled when I heard this... They now have the forum set up too :)

Wow, i never knew he committed suicide, i knew about the exploit but not him taking his life. I look forward to the same great products lx has always offered..

There is a picture of him in the lxlabs.com forums, the one about his death. If you search google, you might be able to find some stories...

I think they are, for the most part... They are really into it :p They really want to keep hyperVM and Kolxo alive....

It's great that they are trying to keep the company and mainly products going.
I just hope that it's not too late for them to regain the market again.

I am guessing it will be awhile before they have anything that is presentable yet. They said they would at the latest have "something" released within 11 months. Personally I think 11 months is to long and they will have already lost most of the market by then. If only they could work quicker :(

Most providers have switched to free alternatives or moved on to more expensive software such as Virtuozzo.

HyperVM was a good software, but we are currently using Veportal.com now. Afforable and easy to setup.

I am guessing it will be awhile before they have anything that is presentable yet. They said they would at the latest have "something" released within 11 months. Personally I think 11 months is to long and they will have already lost most of the market by then. If only they could work quicker :(

Most providers have switched to free alternatives or moved on to more expensive software such as Virtuozzo.

Not at all. I still meet a lot of web hosting companies which offer this

Most of the alternatives are either junk or are not ready to be used in a production environment (at least the ones I tested for XEN)

According to their website, All LX Products are now free and being released as Open Source.

That's true Dan. One security update has been released so far, so that means they do have the source code. It's just a matter of time before they release a truely open source version for everyone to improve on.

Yeah it should be good.
I didn't believe it myself so last night I signed up nd got unlimited licenses for HyperVM and Kloxo (formerly LXAdmin). But I think you still have to pay the 50c per server per month.

Back