• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Perfect Free Hosting Request

R4g1ng

I've been seeing a lot of people who's requests are shocking.
If you want to get hosted, try thinking about these things when requesting.

Say:
- Space and Bandwidth you need. "Unlimited" doesn't exist, any host that says they will give you unlimited space or bandwidth is likely to go down quickly. Also, remember that you're asking hosting for free. You probably aren't going to get an account with 2GB of space and 80GB of bandwidth (I know some hosts offer something like that but it is usually a limited offer or they will be down within the next month).

- Any extra features. Things such as MySQL databases, a file manager, etc. Need to be specified so you get offers that have what you need. Be specific as well, say how many you need.

- Why you need it/What is going to occupy the space. I'm not a host, but I'm sure thar potential hosts would like to know what will be uploaded to their server if they do decide to host you.

It's appreciated if you:
- Use proper spelling and grammar. I know that some people may not be very fluent in english but just try, it makes it easier for people to know what you want.
This is a personal thing, but I hate it when people use net talk in forums.
That kind of typing is for instant messaging or texting, not for forums.

- Are polite. It's always nice when people use "please" and "thank you". :classic2:

Also, if people ask you questions or correct you, don't get defensive. Answer the questions clearly or people may not host you because they need an answer. If you think you're right, tell them nicely. If they say you're being immature or rude, don't flame them or get mad, it just proves their point.

I know all of these points have probably been mentioned before but I thought it'd be nice to tell everyone of what I think people should be like when requesting. Feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong. :biggrin2:

I'd like to add that to me it's disrespectful to hosts when people, looking for hosting or not, say that a plan is downright bad or something like that. They're offering you something absolutely free. If you do not like their offer, there are plenty of other hosts that would love the extra business. As stated by R4g1ng, be polite. If the offer does not suit you, thank them anyway and look for a different host. It's okay to be critical to a point, everyone has their standards, but to tell a host who are here to serve you that they are flat out bad or something... That's just rude. Be nice! It'll up your chances of getting your request filled. :)

Last edited:
Its funny that after 100+ views, some requests are still ridiculous. I'm sorry to bump this, but I think its something that people should read. Okay, not a good reason. Some lack the ability to read.

True but some kids that aren't even going to buy anything still need requirements for what their doing or there's no point if they can't do what their making the website to do in the first place.

Ok this can apply on some hosts. But some people just get resellers and go on a power trip when offering hosting and it can be ridiculous. But yes this is how i apply and yet no one will even provide me with that??

Yahpoolerz said:
True but some kids that aren't even going to buy anything still need requirements for what their doing or there's no point if they can't do what their making the website to do in the first place.
...what? :confused4
Isn't that the point, you aren't buying anything with free hosting.

Well said R4g1ng! For me, honestly, some guys send me e-mail with this type of request:

hey man saw your offr sound good host me
usr be shaika domian shaika.venushositng.info
host me josku i need to share site friends their host is not goode for me
i like taklhost but they need postin you seem to give free
hope you host me! *SHAiKA*

That was someone called "shaika" but anyways, I didn't understand him, and I chatted with him in msn, he told me again rubbish:

josku have hosted me wher i login

Well, now to my point, if you speak like that and don't be polite, you have chance 1% that a host would host you. In other way, being polite and asking nicely gives you atleast 99% chance(if the request isn't ridicilous :D)

^to that shaika, I just ignored him, and when I checked some other hosts, he was spamming many times other forums he has got banned from many places, including talkhost(If I remember right :D)

But as you people see, you may even not fully understand what this guy wants to tell.

It wasn't even a hour ago, and a guy named "0m3g4" requested hosting, with this kind of request:

Hello josku!
I saw that you are offering a very good plan that suits me :)
If you could host me, I can insert advertisements in all sites.
If I could park my domain, that would be very greatful. My domain is catagoniapowered.net. Please give me hosting, I need it for a school/sience project, I will have a little community and maybe a blog for myself.
Thank you very much!

When I saw that request, it wasn't even 5 seconds and I was creating 0m3g4 an account in WHM.

So people, if you see now what the whole point is, you can get hosting easier than you thought :D!

Back