• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, although I can't agree with him about any social issues, at least he's a class act when it comes to diplomacy. Gonna be hard to find someone of that caliber.

It's very interesting. According to this BBC article, if the Pope slips into an unconcious state, there is not really anyone with the power to make medical decisions for him, as he has no living relatives and there is nothing in Church law about who makes decisions for him. There's some more interesting things in that article too.

Wow, that's not good heh... As for the Burial part, that is already covered with the Church and the Pope's title...

no, I do not care about some aussi soldier
1 Pope > 99999999999 soldiers

Originally from Poland, John Paul II was one of the greatest people alive.
He did so much for everyone, and are all saddened by his death :(

I hope the new pope lets priests get married, that could put an end or at least cut down on the church scandals.

Conscript said:
I hope the new pope lets priests get married, that could put an end or at least cut down on the church scandals.

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not. But the Pope cannot change rules like that. A Priest must devote his life to God, therefore, they are not permitted to get married, as they would have to split their devotion to God and their wife.

Just some BG info, which, ofcourse, none of the news networks are following
Pope John Paul II was the most traveled Pope in history, and has greaty expanded the global reach of Catholicism. He is an outspoken advocate of human rights, but his critics argue that his policies overlook the rights of women and homosexuals. In addition to renewing the ban on women priests and gay marriage, he released Evangelium vitae, which condemns abortion.

R.I.P Pope John Paul II, vee Karol Józef Wojtyła

BTW Wojtek, do many Polish have Woj in front of their names?

He was a man devoted to peace, but not certainly not a modern humanitarian by definition. He's very much an ideologue.

Dean is right in questioning several network news outlets' practices of leaving out the taboo, as well as questioning why people mourn over a single person when thousands are dying each day due to preventable events (and to say the very least, go unreported by much of the press).

Last edited:
I think the soldiers are more important, that's why it led the Australian news... The soldiers were helping Indonesian citizens in trouble after an earthquake, the Pope kissed people and turf...

I feel sorry for all the catholics, but at the end of the day, he was just a head of a very profitable organisation.

A legend of what? Sure he was a diplomat as I said in the second post of this thread, and he strengthened the solidarity movement in the weakest link of the Soviet Union, Poland, but he's a staunch conservative ideologue, very much in the way of progressivism.

The only [other] thing I can merit him for (besides being an awesome diplomat) is being super consistent, unlike some douchebags in office.

Last edited:
bozley05 said:
I think the soldiers are more important, that's why it led the Australian news... The soldiers were helping Indonesian citizens in trouble after an earthquake, the Pope kissed people and turf...

I feel sorry for all the catholics, but at the end of the day, he was just a head of a very profitable organisation.

Pope wasn't just a leader for the Catholics. All religions recongized the Pope. And in a month from now, we shall have a new Pope. Though he will never be able to fill the shoes of John Paul II.

Robert is a fountain of smart. The Pope was a symbol of faith to any religion, a symbol of utter devotion to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back