• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TheHostingTool Back In Devlopment!

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
TheHostingTool Back In Development!

Many people have been using the version 1.1 of THT for many months now and even may off moved off due to the recent lack of development and support I couldn't personally provide.

Now I can officially announce that, THT is back on track and aiming for a new version in the next month or so. It is now being developed by a team of very able people who can churn out versions faster and more bug free than I ever could.

So if anyone thought THT is dead, you're wrong!

To keep track on the upcoming version look here:
http://thehostingtool.com/site/tracker.html

Thanks,
Jonny & THT Developer Team

Last edited:
Yea, noticed that already. But, seriously, gonna take til the end of August? That's almost 2 months...for like...3 features. There are two or more people developing THT, and you alone could do it in a month or less.

Also, I think you need to edit your signature. KwiX isn't re-opened still, nor is it alive. :D

Yea, noticed that already. But, seriously, gonna take til the end of August? That's almost 2 months...for like...3 features. There are two or more people developing THT, and you alone could do it in a month or less.

Also, I think you need to edit your signature. KwiX isn't re-opened still, nor is it alive. :D
Right.
All I'm going to say is, the 2 of the 3 features are huge. And with the system currently in place, paid is a huge job. Its goes through a huge amount of testing and only has JUST been started.

You may be in a bad mood, don't flame development of free software. We don't have to spend the time at all doing it.

You need someone answering Qs in ya forum man, the staff themselves never seem to help with issues and theres a few people have the same problems with THT and no staff reply.

I hate to make you mad but why do a script when you don't have time do it in the first place? You sold cpcreator and It really doesn't seem hopeful for thehostingtool. I'd rather just use something like ipanel or whmcs.

I hate to make you mad but why do a script when you don't have time do it in the first place? You sold cpcreator and It really doesn't seem hopeful for thehostingtool. I'd rather just use something like ipanel or whmcs.
Can anyone plan the future? I didn't know I would be doing what I'm doing now and how things have got.

I was trying my best to find people who would restart development and it's finally back and is here to stay.

Regarding Fenix, the new team are on the forums constantly, hopefully you're matter will be fixed.

@Schmarvin: As Jonny said: the features left are HUGE. We currently have to re-code and entire order system for Paid. Also, we hope to have it out BEFORE that date, it is just the planned one from when we started. as we finish more stuff it will likely get shorter wait time.

@rlshosting: Jonny was active on THT for 6 months before he ran out of time to work on it. And the new development team has been working diligently to get THT out.

---

Also, what you see on the release tracker is not everyting that is going on, that just contains major features. We are also working on a lot of bug-fixing / speed things.

From a theoretical programming perspective I would find it odd that you have to completely recode an order system from scratch just to fit paid orders in...

However I work on a legacy VB6 application and I can relate to the massive needs for recoding/restructuring that might need to go on.

On the other hand..this was originally built 7 months ago? You'd figure there's be at least some OOP or reusable code. The app I'm working on is like 13 years old I think..and I'm fighting to move over to .Net sooner :/

we can re-use some code, mostly format, but the current system is not designed with paid hosting in mind.

From a theoretical programming perspective I would find it odd that you have to completely recode an order system from scratch just to fit paid orders in...

However I work on a legacy VB6 application and I can relate to the massive needs for recoding/restructuring that might need to go on.

On the other hand..this was originally built 7 months ago? You'd figure there's be at least some OOP or reusable code. The app I'm working on is like 13 years old I think..and I'm fighting to move over to .Net sooner :/
Obviously yeah, to be honest, the backend code for the order form will be mostly in tact it's just the front end GUI which needs to be mostly changed from my point of view.

Are you going to make THT plugin friendly? As it stands, I would have to manually code stuff into THT. I mean, I could make a plugin system. But that'll take me awhile.

They only seem to be able help people with simple issues like configuration problems unfortunatly.
I still am around and I still do look at problems like I am now. Unfortunately I'm going on holiday tommorrow so, I won't be around but. Any more complicated problems. I'm here.

Back