• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

this cannot be real *pokes himself*

Originally posted by saikosys
please forgive my ignorance...

what is slashdot ? :confused:

it just looks like another news portal type site :rolleyes:

It's that, but it has THOUSANDS of hits each HOUR. People go to the news, which links to websites, which IMMEDIATELY makes their bandwidth usage rise up to infinite.

Thus, coining the term.. Slashdotting.

Originally posted by FlatFace

It's that, but it has THOUSANDS of hits each HOUR. People go to the news, which links to websites, which IMMEDIATELY makes their bandwidth usage rise up to infinite.

Thus, coining the term.. Slashdotting.
haha i c so most ppl'd rather not be featured at slashdot ;)

Look at you guys! As soon as someone announces a free host with MySQL and PHP and everything for free...you all rush to sign up! :D I bet you guys already have free accounts elsewhere...you see..it's all just greed.

If the admin can control it, then I doubt downtime will be a concern at flatface.net.

Originally posted by KBC
Look at you guys! As soon as someone announces a free host with MySQL and PHP and everything for free...you all rush to sign up! :D I bet you guys already have free accounts elsewhere...you see..it's all just greed.

If the admin can control it, then I doubt downtime will be a concern at flatface.net.

its not greed... I was looking for a suitable server for a few sites.. some proved unreliable with downtime .. some have some stricts rulez.. some have banner stuff...

As a matter of fact I was about to get paid hosting untill I heared this ....

Originally posted by antpocas
Well, why don't you get THEIR paid hosting ?:mad:

Well, prehaps he doesn't want to go with a host that could go within the next month + "cyan" is an -------, kinda reminds me of Liam from Xnetuk but 10x more worst.

Originally posted by antpocas
Well, why don't you get THEIR paid hosting ?:mad:

Originally posted by saikosys
wow 2 gig for $20 per year!!!!:eek: :eek: thats really 2 good 2 be true... I might get the premium account....

just want to know if they are reliable or not... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by NetMaster

Well, prehaps he doesn't want to go with a host that could go within the next month + "cyan" is an -------, kinda reminds me of Liam from Xnetuk but 10x more worst.

maybe im tolerant guy or something but I have no problems with neither of them...

but you are right... I will use this host for a month or so and if it proves reliable (currently no indication at all that it will not be) then I'll stick with them)... one thing I learned during my short time with freewebspace.net is that hosts can disapear very quickly ;)

but ff.net looks very promising indeed!

they are reliable.
I've been using ff.net since like... July or so
Cyan = god.
I have a faster internet connection than god ;)

There are a number of similar hosting services like that too. sidez.net, f2g.net and f2o.org. Sidez is kind of limited I guess but it has four hosting plans. f2g.net has just 15 MB space and currently isn't accepting signups, but they allow you to edit your .htaccess file and also have PHP4. f2o.org is the best of the lot (in my opinion). It has PHP, ASP, MySQL, Perl, Python, webmail, phpMyAdmin and .htaccess, on top of 75 MB. Dan will kill me if he finds out I "advertised" his hosting service on a forum of god knows how many people.

I'm still not convinced flatface is that good...

Sidez:
- 50 MB
- 500 MB Bandwidth
- FTP Access only (Control Panel for paid accounts)
- POP Email
- MySQL
- phpMyAdmin

f2o:
- 75 MB
- 3GB Bandwidth
- FTP Access only
- POP Email
- MySQL
- phpMyAdmin
- ASP
- PHP
- Perl
- Python
- ColdFusion
- SSI support

f2g:
- 15 MB
- FTP Access only
- Email (not sure whether POP or Webmail)
- PHP4
- MySQL supposedly coming soon

All are free and all are ad-free. I'm still not convinced flatface is the best provider out there, but it will be a good example to give to my friend/enemy who believes such free hosting providers can't possibly exist.

Oh, also, check out members.evolt.org. They provide a service similar to f2o.org. What crap am I talking, they are run by the same person.

I'm not signing up yet, I'm seeing if it lasts more than a month.

In the threads I looked at on the FlatFace.net forums, it seemed that Cyan seemed to be a bit tetchy.

One person posted an error and he replied with something like "maybe you don't know how to use sql.."

That's true...if the host can't control sign ups then the host will simply die from abusers who already have a ton of free accounts. I still go by the word *greed*.

Sometimes strict rules do help keep a free webhost alive from a-b-u-s-e-r-s

I just woke up like, half an hour ago. 110 new sign-ups.

It's going to be a LOOONG night.

On the plus side, our overall bandwidth usage is pretty good for now. We're not gonna go down any time soon. If the DSL here becomes too expensive, I'm shipping the server to Winnipeg so that I can abuse a 10mbps connection. Woo hoo!

You are in Ontario now?

If you are getting that many signups you may want to hire someone to help you accept and decline accounts.

Back