• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This has to be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise I am not the only person with issues about fws.
I like it here, but I think for fws to continue succeding as a communitie things need to be changed.
I hope that in this thread people can post their differences without this being locked/banned/deleted becuase discussion is what makes a communitie tick!
Several issues need to be resolved, mods, fws issues (crashes) and hosts posting here.
I am not best placed to post these, those directly affected please post.
Thanks, I hope a better fws can be created:)

Also, I've been told by Bruce that if you find an advertisement thread in the Free Services Forum, rather than reply to it... report the post. We don't want to add to the spam.

I also think everyone knows about FWS crashes as well as plenty of other things. For example, I contribute bad things most of the time, whereas Tree or other people think I should contribute things I haven't ever contributed to this site yet.

NetCafe is banned again?

My God, when will the mods ban the hosts that want your money to run off with it and leave the good hosts alone, I don't care if I get banned for saying this; But this place has been going to the dogs recently.

I appreciate your suggestions and feedback on how to improve FreeWebspace.net.

These are all very seperate issues. If you have any specific questions for me I'll answer them. The server crash we had a couple of weeks ago have been sorted as you see now and can read more about in that specific thread. We haven't had any problems with the new server since then. Yes, NetCafe has been banned for breaking the rules. And yes, ads in Free Services are not allowed. It should be posted in Ads & Offers (1 ad per 7 days) or if it's a free host, in Free Hosting Offers. If you see spam in Free Services, please report it.

hosting-shack said:
My God, when will the mods ban the hosts that want your money to run off with it and leave the good hosts alone, I don't care if I get banned for saying this; But this place has been going to the dogs recently.

I think this is a very valid point... and brought up in the past. And it's not just NetCafe getting Banned

**Edit.... based on PM's, Emails, and conversations like these elsewhere... a LOT of people are using the term "going to the dogs" with FWS....

Is that a cultural term... that phrase is really almost too coincidental... but still valid.

@ PEO

I'm not trying to be cocky, yes i know you have the controls and all.

but why do you think that a lo of webhosts are complaining and giving these type of remarks?

Be it seperate issues or what ever, may we then for arguement sake take NC's case up?

Sure. Can we stick to the issue and not chat about dogs or page views or whatever else off-topic? Again, if you have any specific question or complaint let me know and I'll answer that. Speak for yourself and not on behalf of other people or what you think other people think.

That was not my intention and I aplogize if you took it that way.

Now seriously. Have you read hottweelz email to me? Is that nice? Professional? I shouldn't be answering this at all after after all the garbage he wrote. Talk about attitude. Again, if you have any questions I'll answer it.

Okay, i have a few questions(maybe remarks that lead to questions,

1. When i first came here to FWS in october last year, this was a great strict forum and everone seemed happy, ver few fusions it any at all, now it seems like things are just going way offline, be it hosting requests, or rules. May i ask why you allow people to come up with ridiculous requests? Why you let people post a lot of rubbish on the forum (as by the way does bring down the FWS ranking)

2. Could you please PM me (yes please) the full reason why NC was banned, this because i then get the story from two sides and can make my own conclusion of to what the whole story/comotion is.

3. Where the Hell is Jan? (if personal then leave it out)

4. Well with Bruce and Todd things are getting cleaned up a bit, but may i suggest a trash can where deleted threads get moved to and all may be read but not edited nor can anyone post there? this would really help in some cases cause when you following a thread and you wake up in the morning thinking to read what the others had to say and see andy improvements in the thread, it's gone, no where to be seen.

5. May i also suggest a warning system? like 3rd warning gets you banned for like 2 weeks or so? This way you clear the bad people out leaving just the good ones. I mean the report button will finally come handy :D.

If i think of more questions that need an answer that i can not derive myself then i will post them here.

NOTE: this is not meant as a "punch line" post, i would really like to know the answers to these questions.

Guru

thanks, but this issue still stems from you guys, we have spoken up before but nothing gets done! No wonder hottweelz is getting annoyed!

There's a couple of things I'd like to say..

1. Peo does not, in anyway tell us mods what to do unless we are clearly abusing our mod powers. He's a great person and very understanding, but he has also worked very hard on this website and only wants the best. So if any member tells you anything negative about Peo, they are full of it. If Peo was anything like some members describe, trust me, I wouldn't be a mod!

2. When a member gets banned by a mod or an admin, that ban doesn't always 'stick' as mods and admins are fully aware of each and every member that gets ban and if that mod/admin feels that that member shouldn't be banned, we look at that members history and work out something. Further, a mod/admin just can't ban anyone for whatever reason we want. We have to give a legit reason and if that reason is good enough it can and normally is overturned.

3. Just because Peo is the owner doesn't mean what he says goes. Peo is a great person and very understanding and has trusted us with his forum and listens to us mods. He takes everything we say into consideration with respect and never makes any mods feel like they cannot express their opinions.

4. When you see a member that is banned, don't just assume that the member did nothing wrong. There are many deleted threads and private PMs that contribue to reason why the member was banned. No, we don't discuss why members are banned as it's not very productive.

5. I can't remember the last time I banned someone. I do a lot of 'behind the scenes' moderating. But trust me, if I ban someone it's because they broke the rules on more than one occasion.

6. I think it's time we install a more advance moderation tool that would allow admins/mods to have better control and make the job easier (so we can moderate quicker and actually remove problem causing members).

~GURU~ said:
Okay, i have a few questions(maybe remarks that lead to questions,

1. When i first came here to FWS in october last year, this was a great strict forum and everone seemed happy, ver few fusions it any at all, now it seems like things are just going way offline, be it hosting requests, or rules. May i ask why you allow people to come up with ridiculous requests? Why you let people post a lot of rubbish on the forum (as by the way does bring down the FWS ranking)
Please report all threads/post you fel are rubbish and we'll look at it. Just because a thread/post you report doesn't get deleted, doesn't mean we didn't look at it.

2. Could you please PM me (yes please) the full reason why NC was banned, this because i then get the story from two sides and can make my own conclusion of to what the whole story/comotion is.
That would be counter productive.

3. Where the Hell is Jan? (if personal then leave it out)
Earth

4. Well with Bruce and Todd things are getting cleaned up a bit, but may i suggest a trash can where deleted threads get moved to and all may be read but not edited nor can anyone post there? this would really help in some cases cause when you following a thread and you wake up in the morning thinking to read what the others had to say and see andy improvements in the thread, it's gone, no where to be seen.
Currently there is a trash thread, but only for mods/admins to look at so we may see if a members ban was justified or not. You can always PM us if a thread is missing and maybe we can tell you why. We typically try to clean up threads instead of moving them.

5. May i also suggest a warning system? like 3rd warning gets you banned for like 2 weeks or so? This way you clear the bad people out leaving just the good ones. I mean the report button will finally come handy :D.
I agree.

I think that part of the problem is that the forum is understaffed and can't keep up with the work. So maybe if the forum had more "entry level" mods who couldn't ban someone per say but could delete/mod threads and stuff it would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back