• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is really getting on my nerves!

Conscript

NLC
NLC
Everytime I play Red Alert 2 online my computer freezes at the victory screen. And then it resumes and freezes until I have to reboot.

Any idea what's causing this? How can I fix it? It was fine until I installed a router on my computer to share internet access.. Any idea of how I can tinker with the router or something?

This is unbearable.

Linksys router?

Make sure the Router's firewall(NAT) isn't blocking whatever ports RA 2 runs on.

The game works though, just that after I win a game it starts freezing ... I'll try to do this though..

anyone else got any ideas?

I would say the router has nothing to do with it. If you have another video card try swapping it out just long enough to play the game. 9 out of 10 times a freezing screen is due to the video card or video drivers.

I dont think that is it.. I only have 1 vid card, and the game worked fine until I bought the router.

I tried disabling NAT and all that, and it still froze up.

Try reinstalling your video card drivers.

Sometimes when you install something, something gets fubar on the other end.

Does it freeze in single player?
Did you try to re-install the game?
Did you try to email customer support for the game?
Did you try without your router?

Originally posted by Wojtek
Does it freeze in single player?
Did you try to re-install the game?
Did you try to email customer support for the game?
Did you try without your router?

No, works great in single player
Yes, It was the first thing I did
No, Westwood support is next to nonexistant
Yes, It worked fine UNTIL I got the router

And also, I tried it on the other computer in my network (in my Brother's room) and it worked fine on it. My bro's computer is a 400Mhz Celeron with 384 RAM and an ATI All In Wonder 8MB card, my computer is a 1.67 GHz AMD Athlon XP with 512 DDR RAM and a GeForce 4 MX440 64MB Card. Both computer have Windows XP.

Originally posted by Conscript
No, works great in single player
Yes, It was the first thing I did
No, Westwood support is next to nonexistant
Yes, It worked fine UNTIL I got the router

And also, I tried it on the other computer in my network (in my Brother's room) and it worked fine on it. My bro's computer is a 400Mhz Celeron with 384 RAM and an ATI All In Wonder 8MB card, my computer is a 1.67 GHz AMD Athlon XP with 512 DDR RAM and a GeForce 4 MX440 64MB Card. Both computer have Windows XP.

Put the ATI wonder card in your computer and try it (when your brother isn't looking if necessary).

It is not possible that the router has anything to do with it, unless the router is physically wedged in on your video card causing problems :D You can safely dismiss the router as the cause.

Back