• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Those wacky North Koreans

Balance it.

take all the freedom you need but DON'T insult.
it's so simple really.

Where's the freedom if I can't insult?

round and round we go

bustafyou.jpg

See that? If it offends you, lighten up. I can't remember the last time I was actually insulted by something.

so basically, you're just searching for an execuse to insult people?

No, you misunderstood that post. The points were ...

A) How can you call it freedom of speech if I can't insult people. What you're suggesting (or what I gather you're suggesting, I may be misunderstanding you) is that we shouldn't be free to insult eachother or disrespect eachother. Change this to an argument regarding how we should treat others in a philosophical context (not related to a specific freedom, ex. speech), and I'll have no argument against you.

B) I'm not easily offended. I don't understand how some people can be so insecure that a remark against, for example, their religion can genuinely make them angry.

[edit]
mods- why is o-u-t-w-a-r filtered? I can't type o-u-t-w-a-r-d-l-y without o-u-t-w-a-r

Last edited:
No, you misunderstood that post. The points were ...

A) How can you call it freedom of speech if I can't insult people. What you're suggesting (or what I gather you're suggesting, I may be misunderstanding you) is that we shouldn't be free to insult eachother or disrespect eachother. Change this to an argument regarding how we should treat others in a philosophical context (not related to a specific freedom, ex. speech), and I'll have no argument against you.

B) I'm not easily offended. I don't understand how some people can be so insecure that a remark against, for example, their religion can genuinely make them angry.

[edit]
mods- why is o-u-t-w-a-r filtered? I can't type o-u-t-w-a-r-d-l-y without o-u-t-w-a-r
Yes we shouldn't be free to insult anything, moral should always be there

Yes I agree we can talk freely about anything without hurting others

if you don't get upset/offended easily don't expect that everyone's like you.

and if somebody tells you (please don't bad mouth XYZ because it hurts my feelings.

if you gave him a fingure
THAT WOULD BE AN INSULT AND NOT A FREEDOM OF SPEECH
do you agree on this?

Yes we shouldn't be free to insult anything, moral should always be there

Yes I agree we can talk freely about anything without hurting others

if you don't get upset/offended easily don't expect that everyone's like you.

and if somebody tells you (please don't bad mouth XYZ because it hurts my feelings.

if you gave him a fingure
THAT WOULD BE AN INSULT AND NOT A FREEDOM OF SPEECH
do you agree on this?

Nope, still a freedom I will exercise.

I think abboodeh dosnt see the difference between freedom of speech and hate speech

Totally. Can't take a joke either. I guess I'm a stupid American hate monger. :p I should probably tell my Muslim friends I can't hang out anymore cause I don't respect them or their beliefs. Lol. Oh, wait, I do, but they know what a joke is. On that note...

Derka Derka Muhammad Jihad!

I agree on either everybody having weapons or nobody having them. Why should we worry about other countries unless it involves money & trade? The U.S. should only worry about other countries or the U.S. itself when they piss off the countries with the nukes.

I agree on free speech to a certain extent. Television, radio, & public schools have certain censorship in the U.S. but you can't just go on the street killing & robbing people for no reason. You probably can't even walk around naked & cuss everybody you see without getting in a fight or having the cops come along to arrest your behind!

I'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I work rearry hard and I'm physicarry fit
But nobody here seems to rearize that
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery

Blah, someone played the free speech card.

edit: Just to say something on the matter. "Terrorists" do follow Islam. It's their interpretation of the Qur'an. Just like all religions, Islam is no different.

Last edited:
I agree on free speech to a certain extent. Television, radio, & public schools have certain censorship in the U.S. but you can't just go on the street killing & robbing people for no reason. You probably can't even walk around naked & cuss everybody you see without getting in a fight or having the cops come along to arrest your behind!

Killing & robbing does not fall under free speech, neither does running around naked.

C`mon you lot. Calm it down a notch. Religion is one of the things that make for a terrible discussion in the online world.

//Notion for thread to be closed.

Back