• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TouchBB

Sweet, thanks Peo. Works. :D

620b22df.jpg

Great. :) Now we need an android app too. Is there some similar solution available for android?

I'll see if I can find something for Andriod/WinMo. I found this plugin by chance.

The only problem with this addon is the "Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone" part. But you can just edit that out. You need to buy the iPhone app to remove that though.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the point of this would be for low-speed internet areas? As, if you have good 3G coverage, wouldn't you just use the web browser?

It saves on data, and Safari sucks. It's so slow loading. I can't wait for Opera Mini to get released.
It has a lot of options for admins too.

Meh, I don't have an iPhone. Nor do I plan to get one. I'd rather have a Droid phone. :D I'm thinking that new Nexus One by Google.

Would be great if you could also add a similar add on for us android users! Just checked now the iphone app is not compatable.

I'm guessing the point of this would be for low-speed internet areas? As, if you have good 3G coverage, wouldn't you just use the web browser?

Judging by the screenshot it's a lot more streamlined for accessibility on small-screened devices.

Meh, I don't have an iPhone. Nor do I plan to get one. I'd rather have a Droid phone. I'm thinking that new Nexus One by Google.

I don't, and won't get one either.

Does someone with Andriod want to give this hack a try? It supports Nokia's too. I'll still look for a WinMo version.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208412&page=33

Here is some screenies of this thread on the device, so you can see. It's just text, with smaller streamed images, with quotes/code blocks all working, but smaller to fit onto the screen. In Safari you'd load EVERYTHING, CSS, Images, and you'd have to scroll through and using zoom to read anything, while waiting for it to load. This just takes the data of the posts direct from the database, instead of cropping and making what you see on computers fit to the screen.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/javakrypt/494a3f88.jpg

I've got Tapatalk on my Hero, and it'd be nice to have FWS on there as I use another forum that uses Tapatalk.

Edit: this is what you need to do Peo: http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin To get the forum on Tapatalk, it seems very easy if you ask me. And would help for Android users to use the forum on their devices, especially those who might get Android powered netbooks/tablets/slates..

I'll see about another alternative to TouchBB too, I tried opening TLE, and it crashed. It loads EVERY post in a thread... no pages. Trying to load nearly 1500 pages worth is just impossible.

It is missing so many basic features when you use it on bigger forums.

Tapatalk has been installed now. It's working on my Android phone, but unfortunately you can't reply on the free version. And there are no paid apps at all on the swedish Android market yet.

Tapatalk should also work on iPhone, Blackberry and Nokia.

Peo, how do we find FWS on Tapatalk? It's not showing up for me when I search for it on the app. And I'm using Tapatalk Pro version 1.2.4 on Android

It's in the "Just in" category at the moment or you can search for "fws" now.

I got it working now, and posting feom my phone roght now as well.

Cheers for this Peo, means I can check stuff out when on train etc :)

Sent from my T-Mobile_G2_Touch using Tapatalk

Back