• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Transfering domainzero domains?

Out of all the e-mails that I "signed up" for there, I only get anything from one of them... That plan was a BIG bust! :)

umm

i'm still not sure why you all are bad mouthin domain zero
my domain is hosted by them and i've transferred the domain to quite a few other hosts without the slightest of hassle
exactly WHAT is so bad about domain zero?

Well, what people would like to do is transfer to a different registrar, not a different host (but I don't understand why people are upset either).

Well, if anyone finds out anything, or succeeds in doing it, I'd like to know, too. I registered a domain with them, more to try it out than anything else. I decided that the domain would be useful at least for e-mail, but I'd like to register it through mydomain.com (namedirect or something like that), just to support that service. I don't anticipate needing to register a lot more of my own domains in the near future, but I figure I could transfer that one there.

But if that doesn't work out..where is the current information at Domain Zero about renewing registration? All I can find out there is about the paid plans for hosting or redirection.

One more that I've been wondering about..what happens if your registrar disappears? Like if Domain Zero tanks..or some of the others..what happens to the domains?

Well, you'd deal with enom then. They'd contact you directly if the domain isn't renewed (in theory according to emails I've received).... which might not be a bad thing, heh.

Back