• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tripod.co.uk just re-opened ....

sEgAgEs

50MB free disk space for your website
Unlimited free traffic
Unlimited file size

WebBuilder: an easy and powerful website generator

Personalised counters
Guestbook
Personalised CGI feedback forms
Customisable 404 Error Page

Promotion and Improvement of your website

FTP Access

PHP 4.1
PHP Libraries (Send mail, PDF, JPEG, PNG…)
MySQL data base with PHP MyAdmin, an easy web-based administration for MySQL databases

w00h00 !

ok , just tested it ...
ads are still like before ... a small pop-up :)

So unless u need +50MB it seems better then Multimania.

count myself lucky... last time I increased my webspace to 100mb by those stuff which now you can't so now I still get my 100mb!

Originally posted by sEgAgEs
50MB free disk space for your website
Unlimited free traffic
Unlimited file size

WebBuilder: an easy and powerful website generator

Personalised counters
Guestbook
Personalised CGI feedback forms
Customisable 404 Error Page

Promotion and Improvement of your website

FTP Access

PHP 4.1
PHP Libraries (Send mail, PDF, JPEG, PNG…)
MySQL data base with PHP MyAdmin, an easy web-based administration for MySQL databases

w00h00 !

Damn they offer a whole lot... will they last this time?

Re: Re: Re: Tripod.co.uk just re-opened ....

Originally posted by trenzterra
i think so lycos is very big

With what they offer, they are going to attract warez sites. Unlimited file name size? Yup.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tripod.co.uk just re-opened ....

Originally posted by Giancarlo

With what they offer, they are going to attract warez sites. Unlimited file name size? Yup.
but from what I heard tripod deletes many sites

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tripod.co.uk just re-opened ....

Originally posted by trenzterra
but from what I heard tripod deletes many sites

Yeah, they probably do. But it must take them quite a long time to get rid of them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tripod.co.uk just re-opened ....

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Yeah, they probably do. But it must take them quite a long time to get rid of them.
anyway their not really that fast.

Hey you guys,
I use to work at lycos it pretty serious and they are planning to increase the amount of MB soon ! Oh and the lycos dog died :-(
They are going to introduce the new one onto the site soon (Its brown)

Take care people,

Sam

Originally posted by kroo
Hey you guys,
I use to work at lycos it pretty serious and they are planning to increase the amount of MB soon ! Oh and the lycos dog died :-(
They are going to introduce the new one onto the site soon (Its brown)

Take care people,

Sam

Who cares about lycos dog! Maybe the people care about having some explanations about various problems. I will never consider tripod as a serious host, at the moment that they have popup on every page (I don't like the way their banners works) . If they had a good marketing strategy, could make the same money without placing popups everywhere.

Of course is good that tripod exists.

Something else ... I've checked various tripod around the world. Have you noticed that they mostly advertise themselves! Or maybe just appears the default banner of their banner system. That means that they put the popups even when they don't have someone to advertise. Doesn't sound good to me for a host that wants to be considered BIG.

Anyway...

actually Tripod UK is extreamly fast ... for me anyways ...

Tripod UK is supported and owned by lycos .. so the advertising on lycos is where they get there money.

Tripod UK - is one of the best free hosts on the net

Nuff Said ,

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
actually Tripod UK is extreamly fast ... for me anyways ...

Tripod UK is supported and owned by lycos .. so the advertising on lycos is where they get there money.

Tripod UK - is one of the best free hosts on the net

Nuff Said ,
it should be extremely fast for you, you're living in the same country as Tripod uk!

You may think Lycos UK and lycos.com are the same company but they are not, they hardly ever have anything in common, Lycos.co.uk has it servers in germany and not in the UK and LYCOS is the BEST so f**k u people ...

You may think Lycos UK and lycos.com are the same company but they are not, they hardly ever have anything in common, Lycos.co.uk has it servers in germany and not in the UK and LYCOS is the BEST so f**k u people ...

You don't know what your talking about .

Nuff Said.

---- you kroo. I don't get your attitude man, just ---- you again.

Are Lycos UK and lycos.com from Lycos Network?
Like msn.com and microsoft.com, they are from Microsoft Network.

Back