• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

trouble trouble trouble with domains

Pathetic

Ok... So it's been hell for me trying to change to a new host and I still don't really understand what I'm doing. I decided myacen was a bit pricey for me so I was going to move hosts and I asked myacen how I would move hosts and they gave me instructions, but then terminated my account. Now there is no way I can even ask any more questions because the helpdesk is limited to clients.

So I'm wondering how I transfer my domain? I want to transfer it to godaddy, but they said that they are pending an update to the administrative contact which is domains@myacen.com. I had read when getting the domain that it belongs to me, so I'm wondering why the email address which authorizes the transfer is belonging to them. I have no clue as to what to do, anyone have any ideas?

Was this a domain included with your hosting account at myacen?

It seems like it's registered to them rather than to you, if that's the details for the contact.

Many hosts that offer domains with hosting packages have certain terms like you need to remain hosted there for x amount of months before the domain is transfered into your name, so have a look through their terms relating to that.

I do know that myacen have a very good reputation, i'm sure that if the domain is meant to registered in your name, if you contact them they will resolve the problem for you.

Well these are the contact addresses...
Fax Service
FAX: +61 (08) 6210 1430
Sales Department
sales at myacen.com
Emergencies
emergency at myacen.com
Billing Department
billing at myacen.com
Abuse Department
abuse at myacen.com
Careers
careers at myacen.com

I see none that would fit my criteria, but I guess I might consider it an emergency considering I canceled my account over a week ago and have sent multiple emails to them. I don't think they respond to emails sent to the support email address and only respond to the helpdesk which puts me in a mess because I am not a client anymore.

As for the domain ownership, the FAQ says
If Myacen registers my new domain, who takes ownership?
All domain names are registered in YOUR name, not ours.

Mayacen is a well respected webhost, and if that is what the FAQ says, then there should be no problem, however make sure that you read all of the fine print. This is why it is never a good idea to buy a domain from a host, just in case you decide to change sometimes problems may arise. Next time I would recommending registering your own domain, and asking for help from the tech support if you are having trouble. This way, you avoid any potential problems that may arise. But hey, we all live and learn, sometimes the hard way. I would just drop them an email and explain the situation and see what happens.

What is the domain? It is YOUR domain, you just may have been lucky enough for them to put their contact info in, instead of yours. I might actually prefer that...the info in the WHOIS has nothing to do with "who owns the domain". You can put any info, as long as the person authourizes you to put their info in. To transfer the domain though, you may want to change the info to yours.

Try logging in here: http://access.enom.com/ . Then you can change the admin contact info, and stuff. It should work, Myacen re-sells domains through enom. Use the same password that your hosting account used.

Also, if Myacen is too pricey, take a look at http://www.solidinternet.com . Same company, different plans. No ticket support is included though, so if that is something you need, you will have to pay a bit more.

Last edited:
Firstly thanks to Jan for pointing me to this thread. It's not often I come here anymore as my time is being spent elsewhere.

We terminated your account at your request. Here are the details of your cancellation ticket

Last Update: 28 Jun 2003 10:02 AM
Last Replier: Robert
Created On: 28 Jun 2003 09:00 AM

I've decided to move to a new host because of financial issues, and I'm just not using enough of the plan to pay what I am. Plus I have had many issues with the email for the past week or so and I have no clue why. I sent an email to liveregistry a week ago or so asking about the domain transfer but I have received no word from them. Could you check with them so they could bump my domain into my liveregistry account? Thanks.

I responded

Cancelled. Liveregistry did reply however your email address bounced.

The reply address was obviously wrong and even after informing you of this you still used the same reply to address. The administrative contact is not needed when transferring a domain. All that is required is the registrant be in your name which in your case is. The email is sent to the registrant asking for approval of the transfer and not the administrative contact. I would be more than willing to pop your domain into a liveregistry.com account if you provide me with a valid username.

You can create an account here: http://www.liveregistry.com/createacct.php

thankeez robert, i was having trouble contacting you guys. For some odd reason my email will accept all kinds of spam but a lot of people have trouble contacting me through that particular email. *shrug* I had tried the forums but the only way to get access to support is if you're a client. Hmm, for some odd reason when I contacted the staff at godaddy(who I'm trying to trasnfer my domain to) they replied with this.

It appears that the domain is pending an update to the administrative contact address in the whois. The current email address listed in the whois is (domains@myacen.com). If this address is a valid address, please let us know, and we will send the authorization email to that address. If it is not, please contact the current registrar of the domain to have the email address updated with them, then let us know when that change is visible in the whois, and we will continue with the transfer.

I had emailed them because it had been a week since I ordered the transfer and the domain was not in my account. After reading what he said I was guessing that the address listed had not responded to the authorization email and that was why, so I was trying to find a way to change the administrative contact to mine. I'll contact them and tell them what you said. Thanks.

Last edited:
Email me your liveregistry username and then you can change the details robert at AT myacen.com

Back