• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unlimited Bandwidth

jimb

I have noticed many more companies are now trying to attract customers through the Unlimited Bandwidth lie. I just wanted to set things straight, and if anyone asks or advertises that they need or provide Unlimited Bandwidth, you can direct them to our non-profit site.

The site has not sponsors, and is free to the public to gain information on the false advertising tactics of Unlimited Web Hosts.

Help us put a spot to Unlimited, UnMetered, Unrestricted, UnTapped Bandwidth advertisers.

www.unlimband.com

Thank you,

Jim

if you would like to, we have an "Supporter" image on our site, to place on your webpage.

Jim

Interesting, can one put that logo/link on their site if they are a webhost company or that???

Last edited:
haha - I was just getting my flamethower out when I clicked on this thread. :fork:

Good work and best of luck with the site!

:)

Thanks everyone for your support. As far as unlimited space goes, I really do not have the money to finance another operation like that. Maybe later on.

Jim

Last edited:
How many Infinite MB Per Second lines have you see offered? Or better yet, how many infinite gigs per second backbones have you seen?

I personally have never seen one.

Jim

I think that most hosts consider unlimited not in the technical sense (because you cannot have unlimited bandwidth or disk space), but simply that they're not going to bill you for using more and more of those. Basically, when a host offers unlimited "whatever", they engage themselves to offer you all the space and bandwidth you need without price supplement. At least, that's how I understand it. It's not a question of offering impossible things (most hosts will bill you or suspend your account if you reach a specific amount of HD or BW)

Last edited:
is that a good business practice? I mean, what happens if a host decides that too much bandwidth is 100 MB of bandwidth? Then your screwed. Just consider that bandwidth is not free, although sometimes it can be very cheap, someone still has to pay.

Jim

Originally posted by jimb
is that a good business practice? I mean, what happens if a host decides that too much bandwidth is 100 MB of bandwidth? Then your screwed. Just consider that bandwidth is not free, although sometimes it can be very cheap, someone still has to pay.

Jim

No that is not a good business practice. As more people leave the "unlimited hosts" for the reason you state, the host gets a bad name.

Back