• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unlimited hosting

Makeveli

I'm looking for unlimited hosts. I know a bunch of people will reply saying "Mak, Unlimited doesn't exist" Well thanks to a couple smart people, everyone says that now.
I know I couldn't use 10 TB's of bandwith off the host but I will need maybe 20-100gb. I really don't know how much.
Now here are the hosts i'm looking at
Blastcenter Plan C
2mHost.com
I want Unlimited bandwith, Unlimited storage, unlimited email accounts, Static IP, Unlimited Subdomains, PHP4, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Private FTP accounts for the subdomains, Fast server w/ Fast Connection.

With these hosts the prices seem ok, but they might not be telling the truth, because then sites like yahoo would use them. I really can't spend that much so I migh take a chance.
I'll spend $0-$200 probably. $100 is ideal.

Maybe if someone is on a dedicated server they could help me out, you could let me use an Extra IP, or we could merge sites possibly, I would get you more traffic. Well, I don't think anyone is that kind. lol.

i think you'll need an unlimited amount of cash :D, unless they come up with the unlimited HD. i don't think that's anytime soon. keep dreaming.

Well, There is no way I can spend $100/month, and yeah I've known about those before. I think I'll take a risk with these self proclaimed "Unlimited Hosts"

Good luck for nothing. Those Unlimited Hosts offer 200MB Tops for space, and 10GB for bandwidth. Most of the times it is less than that, I saw one unlimited host that only allowed 2GB of bandwidth! How is that for being unlimited!

Yes, I know. I've seen the ones with the catches, and Blastcenter doesn't seem to have any, well last time I checked.

I'm not an idiot, I read the TOS.
My site is fairly big anyway, if they screw me I'll just write a horrible review. I'll tell about my bad experience here and WHT too.

Gian, I know they won't let me use 100000TB's of bandwith or space, but 20GB or even 50GB may be possible if they don't say anything about limiting the bandwith in the TOS or anywhere on the site. If they do take my site off, I could always do something about them and destory their business.

Supposedly someone used 25GB of bandwith/month with dellz.com and they just told him he might want to move to dedicated, but it was his choice. I read that somewhere, Can't remember where. I appreciate the thoughts though

$214/year isn't bad, I guess.

I have a question, Would hosting a site on a 416k dsl connection be fine? Well, a site the size of mine.
I know a friend that will give me a pretty good deal on that with 250MB of space also.
And he'll give me ~50GB/month and I might possibly need more and he might possibly give me more. lol.

I'm just concerned about the DSL speed.

Originally posted by Makeveli
I'll have to ask him, how many people will use it...
Would it be fairly fast? Fairly slow? Or about average?

It depends, I am not quite sure... depends on your site's traffic.
Tera-byte is a very good solution.

I plan to have at least a couple thousand members on the forums.
So would DSL be too slow?
I figure it'll be very slow, so i'm leaning toward blastcenter.com

stay safe and use hosting from reputable hosts. i dont know about how reliable your friend's server is.

Back