• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin

Thanks. I beleive I've fixed it. I had to make some changes to that .js file.

Seems to be a problem with viewing posts by member under their name. Before today, last posts were in 2007. Also I don't see forum jump, did it move?

I find it harder to see what posts were unread with these new colours/font. I actually have to look to see which ones are unread, whereas before I could just tell.

An idea to think about when you get to tweaking stuff ... those drop down menus feel like the flash ads some companies use, in that they're in the line of mouse movement between stuff you do in the middle of the page and the top of the browser. I swing my mouse in a big circle to avoid them. : /
An idea is to make them click-to-drop rather than auto expanding.

Seems to be a problem with viewing posts by member under their name. Before today, last posts were in 2007. Also I don't see forum jump, did it move?

I'm rebuilding post search index now and that should solve it. It takes a couple of hours with all the posts we have.

I beleive Forum jump has been renamed to Quick Navigation below posts in the thread to the right. At the top of the page I can't see anything like the forum jump.

An idea to think about when you get to tweaking stuff ... those drop down menus feel like the flash ads some companies use, in that they're in the line of mouse movement between stuff you do in the middle of the page and the top of the browser. I swing my mouse in a big circle to avoid them. : /
An idea is to make them click-to-drop rather than auto expanding.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can change that.

Seems to be a problem with viewing posts by member under their name. Before today, last posts were in 2007.

An update on that issue: It says "Displaying 1-20 of 100" for some reason. It looks like the post search rebuild won't solve this issue. I haven't found any setting limiting it to 100 search results (the limit is set to 500). I might need to contact vBulletin about this.

Some 4 hours later it has finished rebuilding post search info. Looks like it's working.

I find it harder to see what posts were unread with these new colours/font. I actually have to look to see which ones are unread, whereas before I could just tell.

New threads are in bold text so it's not that hard. I agree that the icons used for new threads (envelope with content) and old threads (closed envelope) are too similar.

On the other hand it's easy to see which threads you've replied to - a green arrow in the icon.

Nice, I haven't been on the past few days, but the forum is looking great. vB4 has a modern feel to it. But, adjusting the colors in the header to match the design would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on the colors and the header over the next couple of days to see if I can improve some things.

I just added the forum frontpage sidebar. I think the latest posts can be useful, but let me know what you think.

Centering the ad on the right nav bar would be nice. Also, the google ad at the top blending in more with the style would also be a benefit.

I think username font sizes need to be adjusted. The NLC and moderators/administrators do not have their original bold formatting (even though in actual fact it is in the coding). I'd say increasing the font size to about 17/18px would fix the bold problem.

Centering the ad on the right nav bar would be nice. Also, the google ad at the top blending in more with the style would also be a benefit.

Thanks, I'll do that.

I think username font sizes need to be adjusted. The NLC and moderators/administrators do not have their original bold formatting (even though in actual fact it is in the coding). I'd say increasing the font size to about 17/18px would fix the bold problem.

It is in bold for me. Admin and mods have bigger font size. You can see it more clearly at the Currently online users list.

I'll see what I can do about username font size, since it should be about the size you mentioned for all members.

Back