• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

URGENT - Word Press Hosting - DON'T MIND ADS!

dark_angel_7

Hi,

First post here. :biggrin2: I have looked around but cannot find anything to help me so here is my request.

I am looking for a host that is suitable for Word Press, unfortunately my current free host doesn't have certain options available so some of the images on my blog are not showing (visit my blog here to understand my problems). Here is all I need:

1) Around 2GB space (not too fussed if its a bit lower/higher)
2) Lots of bandwidth
3) E-mail forwarding support and other e-mail features.
4) MOST IMPORTANT - I need a lot of features with the host, I'm sick of having free hosts with ridiculous limits and that is why my blog is not working properly
5) Good Technical Support is a must!

What I dont care about:

1) Adverts - I do not mind hosting 1 advert on my blog
2) cPanel - I dont care for it, so I dont mind what panel is available
3) Forums - dont want to sign-up for them so dont expect me to
4) Dont care about Fantastico or whatever it is.
5) Dont need much MySQL Databases.

I WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO PROMOTE A FREE HOSTING PROVIDER WHO GIVES ME WHAT I NEED ON ALL OF MY SITES GUARANTEED!

This is urgent so please help me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Technical support?
Hostingz has phone support, email support, msn messenger support, and forum support.
Hostingz is compatible with wordpress. You can use the live chat feature on my homepage as I'm online now (I posted 4 minutes after you).

FH5
500MB Space,
1.5GB Bandwidth,
20 Posts

F3
3GB Space,
8GB Bandwidth,
60 Posts one time

Bandwidth upgradeable on request.

Unlimited email forwarding, emails, sub/addon/parked domains, databases etc.
Cpanel, and no advertisements.

http://hostingz.org/free.html

OK, but do you have lots of features and things like e-mail forwarding and also do you allow blog apps. to access the server? My images on my blog (link in 1st post) are not showing because the server is not allowing that feature to save the image onto the server and then show it. Will I have the same problem wit you?

Also you dont have adverts so where are revenues coming from? Server hosting is a costly business, how do I know you wont go dead soon?

Cross Industries would be more than happy to host you.
You can easily signup for our Blog Hosting service; Powered by Wordpress.
Its full free and includes over 100 themes and 20+ plugins.

Signup here: http://www.x-ind.com

Why choose us?
- 2GB Upload Space
- Over 100 themes
- Over 20 plugins
- Full free, no ads!
- Quick, easy, and automatic signups!

If you have your own domain, you can use it. I recommend http://www.everydns.com to setup your domain to the blog. :)

At RackFree we meet all your requirements except 1, that is forum posting. Now if you are so against forum posting I can personally host you if you put an ad on, or if you are active in promoting RackFree. Your requirements don't seem too large. However take a look at our post alternative:

We can definitely run Word Press

For a one-time posting of 30 points (around 10-15 posts/threads) you can have 2 gigs of space and 5 gigs of bandwidth. after that you never have to post again, unless you want to upgrade. That way you never feel stressed about having a monthly post quota, and you can upgrade if you ever need more space/bw! We have cPanel on our own VPS, so E-mail forwarding support and other e-mail features are supported. you get unlimited email accounts. There really are no limits on our host (safe mode off, no file size restrictions, no file type restrictions, basically do anything you want as long as it doesn't abuse the server or is illegal). We have GREAT tech support for a few reasons. Basically how rackfree works is that we are community run. Anybody can suggest ideas. Anybody can become staff. It's a very democratic system .There are no admins. And there is PLENTY of support staff both on the forums, live support, aim, etc. We can help you set up your site and fix almost any program.

Adverts - No advertisements :)
cPanel - we have cpanel latest version
Unlimited mysql pdatabases

So either way you have an option. Either I can host you (and you can have ad/promote us) or you can post. whatever you choose :)

http://forum.rackfree.net. or email me at adz@jewc.org if you have questions

Cross Industries I have signed up for your service. I will be testing it out and seeing what I think. How do I upload my own themes as I would like to use the following theme for my blog:

http://wefunction.com/2009/02/free-theme-magazeen/

Please upload it for me. Thanks. I hope it works because on my previous free host that theme didnt work. <_<

Firstly, you cannot upload your own themes. Its a security risk, and secondly, you can submit themes and other suggestions here: http://x-ind.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=56

I've uploaded the theme. You can try it. :)

OK, but do you have lots of features and things like e-mail forwarding and also do you allow blog apps. to access the server? My images on my blog (link in 1st post) are not showing because the server is not allowing that feature to save the image onto the server and then show it. Will I have the same problem wit you?

Also you dont have adverts so where are revenues coming from? Server hosting is a costly business, how do I know you wont go dead soon?

Are blog apps allowed
Yes. Hostingz has cpanel, php5, mod_rewrite, mysql, and ftp.
Wordpress is compatible.

Where is the revenue coming from
To be honest, for every 20 posts made on the forum, I get a maximum of $0.20 in ad revenue. The revenue comes from selling paid hosting. I pay the costs to run Hostingz annually.

At RackFree we meet all your requirements except 1, that is forum posting. Now if you are so against forum posting I can personally host you if you put an ad on, or if you are active in promoting RackFree. Your requirements don't seem too large. However take a look at our post alternative:

We can definitely run Word Press

So either way you have an option. Either I can host you (and you can have ad/promote us) or you can post. whatever you choose :)

http://forum.rackfree.net. or email me at adz@jewc.org if you have questions

Please explain further and in more detail of what you mean when you said 'personally host you'. I am interested in your offer. Have you got your own, personal, professional server account? Is it good up-time? Will I get all the professional features that pro. hosts have? How many ads? Where will they be placed?

Firstly, you cannot upload your own themes. Its a security risk, and secondly, you can submit themes and other suggestions here: http://x-ind.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=56

I've uploaded the theme. You can try it. :)

Thank you but as you can see the images are not showing just like on my previous free host (see link in 1st post). Please fix this issue for me otherwise I will move to another freehost service. Thanks. :)

My site on your service is www.coremag.x-ind.net

Are blog apps allowed
Yes. Hostingz has cpanel, php5, mod_rewrite, mysql, and ftp.
Wordpress is compatible.

Where is the revenue coming from
To be honest, for every 20 posts made on the forum, I get a maximum of $0.20 in ad revenue. The revenue comes from selling paid hosting. I pay the costs to run Hostingz annually.

Cool. If there was a chance of Hostingz going down would you notify all members via e-mail and make backups of their stuff?

All I can say is that the theme is most likely incompatible with the latest Wordpress release. And since it is not an official theme I can't do much, especially since it does not include a Readme or guide for installation. Sorry that I cannot help you, feel free to browse our other themes, I thought I had uploaded a similar one.

Well here's a secret, Hostingz shut down in November 2007, and relaunched in January 2009.
I notified all members that Hostingz was closing down several times by email and msn 2 months before the date.
Hostingz closed down because it was a joint venture who owned it 50/50 and my partner wanted to stop paying for the service. Now I own Hostingz 100%.

Last edited:
Hello,

I think MilkyHost can serve your site.
MilkyHost has everything that you needs,try to read the below statements;)

For 5 posts/month(kinda easy right?),you might enjoy:

300 MB Space/3 GB BW/2x Features/LiteSpeed Webserver
cPanel/Fantastico/Installatron/RvSkin/Zend Optmizer+MANY FEATURES MORE!
NO ADS, NO BACK LINK, NO LANGUAGE RESTRICTION

Of course,you can upgrade if you need more:)

All you need is just post some simple threads/posts every month.
Kindly visit our site at http://www.milkyhost.com
Thanks.

All I can say is that the theme is most likely incompatible with the latest Wordpress release. And since it is not an official theme I can't do much, especially since it does not include a Readme or guide for installation. Sorry that I cannot help you, feel free to browse our other themes, I thought I had uploaded a similar one.

1) The theme was designed this month by professionals and is 100% compatible with the latest WP version.

2) The problem is most likely (according to the theme designers) a PHP problem. Please make sure you have the latest version installed with features enabled for it. Thanks

3) Also the images aren't showing because the themes needs to write the images to a certain folder on the server. You need to CHMOD the theme folders to 777 to allow the theme to do so (or something like that but basically changing the permissions).

Please do this for me so as this will prove 2 things to me a) You respond to complaints quickly and in a professional manner and b) you know what you're doing with the server side of things and therefore your tech. support is good.

Well here's a secret, Hostingz shut down in November 2007, and relaunched in January 2009.
I notified all members that Hostingz was closing down several times by email and msn 2 months before the date.
Hostingz closed down because it was a joint venture who owned it 50/50 and my partner wanted to stop paying for the service. Now I own Hostingz 100%.

It wouldn't help me if you closed down for like another 2+ years....However I will look into your services some more.

Okay, I already had the latest version of PHP. Which folders/files need to be 777 permissions? Please PM me with the permissions needed, thanks.

1) The theme was designed this month by professionals and is 100% compatible with the latest WP version.

2) The problem is most likely (according to the theme designers) a PHP problem. Please make sure you have the latest version installed with features enabled for it. Thanks

3) Also the images aren't showing because the themes needs to write the images to a certain folder on the server. You need to CHMOD the theme folders to 777 to allow the theme to do so (or something like that but basically changing the permissions).

Sorry to jump in here, I'm not intending to hijack the thread.

You need to to chmod the folder to 777 because it generates the thumbnails on the fly.

Hope you find a host ;)

Back