• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Us$ Currency

When is the Us$ will go up?

• In a few weeks, the war is over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, after the new iraq gov is made

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It'll take a few years, the Us messed the economy

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Never, its the beginning of the end for the Us

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
When is it gonna go up again???

Right now its at 1.39xx for canada
canadian dollar at 71.xx and going up.

drives me crazy

I've got a few usd checks deposited in usd currency at the bank and im lossing pennies everyday... :rolleyes:

When is it gonna go up??? :)

I definitley WOULDNT say its the beginning of the end of the USA. The US economy has had its ups and downs over the years, and this just a minor slump. The economy is in way better shape than it was in 1991-2. For example, we're not in a recession. I say summer 2004 will be booming, probably earlier by then, but definitley by then.

I don't really mind.. my hosting is several $ cheaper at the moment :D
In general for the European economy a stronger US dollar is a plus though.

Where's the Don't Know, Don't Really Care option on that poll? :rolleyes:
I live in the US but have no idea when the dollar is going up nor do I really care. I'm broke anyway, I figure it'd be kinda hard to go negative at this point ;)

I dont care.

fruits and vegetables are cheaper, and when i have to buy something from the US it costs me less.

You people are so pessimistic.

I dont know, I dont care....
It's not with that attitude you'll be working in some office on the 30th floor and driving a 2004 mercedes. :D

Economics and business... :)

Hmmm... I don't really think I care either way. Candian and American moeny has always been interchangeable here--a quarter is a quarter whether it be Candian or American, no one cares. It's still worth the same.

Bruce, I'll trade you 100 rolls of some shiny new Canadian quarters (100x$10 each = $1000) for 90 rolls of American quarters? What do you say, deal?

I can't be happier. I say let the US dollar go lower. I haven't seen the AU$ dollar so high in ages. At US$0.64 cents for the aussie dollar its fanastic. Though not if your dealing with the US$.

Originally posted by Coolin
Coins aren't accepted at foreign money exchanges.
Grab a few, goto the bank and exchange them for paper.
There, now you can hit the exchange bureau :)

Originally posted by Wojtek
I've got a few usd checks deposited in usd currency at the bank and im lossing pennies everyday... :rolleyes:
Yeah it's the same here, we used to just about double our money, but each time I cash a US cheque now, I get less and less. :cry2:

Re: Re: Us$ Currency

Originally posted by Jan
Yeah it's the same here, we used to just about double our money, but each time I cash a US cheque now, I get less and less. :cry2:
A low dollar wouldn't have made much difference for me when I still deposited US cheques. The bank took $25 fixed on each cheque + 3% of its value :angry2:

For me it is $AU10 for one, two or 20 cheques. I usually wait till I have at least 2

Originally posted by Jan
For me it is $AU10 for one, two or 20 cheques. I usually wait till I have at least 2

After having a talk to the manager at my local Bank of Melbourne/Westpac branch, I've discovered they charge AU$10 for up to four cheques per institution, or something along those lines.
It's one of the fees they don't mention in any of the banking material they you give you, and they refused to let me photocopy their page explaning the fees. I really don't understand how I'm meant to know what they're charging me without asking, but maybe that's the point. :(

Originally posted by Wojtek
You people are so pessimistic.

I dont know, I dont care....
It's not with that attitude you'll be working in some office on the 30th floor and driving a 2004 mercedes. :D

Economics and business... :)

i don't know and certainly don't care...i work in an office on the 27th floor and catch the train :p

Back