• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vaio vs Thinkpad !

IBM is far superior to Dell.

Apple > IBM > Dell > HP > Gateway > eMachines >* > Sony

Last edited:
Apple? Apple is only better depending on what you use your computer for. As far as A/V stuff and video editing, etc, then yes, Apple is better, but overall...no.

i use ibm right now and i must admit, this machine is like a tank. i punched the screen,no prob, punched the keyboard = no problem :p

but can u tell why not sony ??

because sony sucks
they are flimsy, flimsy, not solid and support sucks

my friend bought a sony
screen went out 2 weeks after, sony said its his fault and won't honnor any returns/repairs for free and estimated 1200 for repairs. sad... he then sold it on ebay instead.

While imb isnt as hot looking, they are very very reliable, and not overpriced.

Last edited:
aki said:
i use ibm right now and i must admit, this machine is like a tank. i punched the screen,no prob, punched the keyboard = no problem :p

but can u tell why not sony ??

Is punching the machine the reason you're currently looking for a new machine? :p

nope, just tell u how good IBM laptop are, but not sure if sony can handle that part :p

i think ibm is cool too, but i wanna try some new ehh. how about averatec?

Blank Verse said:
Apple? Apple is only better depending on what you use your computer for. As far as A/V stuff and video editing, etc, then yes, Apple is better, but overall...no.
Anything but gaming, really, which shouldn't even be an issue since I'm referring to laptops here.

MacOS X is far superior to Windows.

Apple > IBM > Gateway > Dell > HP > eMachines > * > Sony > Compaq

Sony is for A/V equipment, not computers.

thinkpads are built well, not sure if they have the fastest performing parts though. thin and study..

Back