• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Verrrrry slow in christmas day

aki

Contents: Adult
NLC
anyone here noticed about FWS going slow today? i can hardly connect to the website from Sweden. users online was (when i checked it) only 150 and i got disc time to time.

Very slow from California -- and it's 3 hours later than it was when you guys posted. I'm going to go play with my new train set and come back later.
Merry Christmas!

Jerry

That's a good question. "I think" the only thing I know about the hardware is that it's in Australia. Maybe it's in Jan's basement.

When it takes nearly 5 minutes to toss a post, I think we have problems. I seriously think we should go back to vB2.

jerry4dos said:
That's a good question. "I think" the only thing I know about the hardware is that it's in Australia. Maybe it's in Jan's basement.

Did Jan start all of this back in 1997 or whenever it was established?
Compliments to the one or to the group who started freewebspace.net: the entire site has consistently been top quality. I have always come here looking for free space & looking for advice in other areas
:classic2:

Still very slow today, pings and traces are okay, the server must be getting hammered.

And I agree with rhianna good job folks :)

We are having problems with too many connections to mySQL. I've disabled some functions for Guests, but it's still extremely slow. I've contacted Aaron and Todd about the problems. I'm sure they will look into whatever is causing these problems.

I've been in contact with Aaron now and this looks very much like a deliberate attack against the forum, with tons of requests for random urls at the forum. We have been able to stop some of this abuse and speed has improved somewhat.

And no, this has nothing to do with vBulletin 3.

attacks? on xmas day? LOL. i think it 's better now. faster than last night :p

rhianna said:
Did Jan start all of this back in 1997 or whenever it was established?
Compliments to the one or to the group who started freewebspace.net:
ROTFLMAO

I wonder how many people here think the same...

Back