• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

wanted: image gallery with car stats included

nitroboy

seducer
NLC
does someone know where I can get a free php script (& mysql) with the following features:
- simple image gallery divided in categories where I can put car pictures in it with car stats respectively
- easy admin interface to update the car database and stats

Hmm...well, I was using the Image Gallery called "Gallery", but, can't seem to get it to work (can't login as admin!). So, I'm going to write my own script. That way, it is completely customized to suit me. As I go though, I hope to somehow create a powerful script that is easy to customize for other users.

Features I figure would be necessary are:
-automatic thumbnail generation (through third party software that must be installed on server).
-unlimited sub-categories with all the same features, and ease of moving pictures from cat to cat.
-EXIF headers (from digicam pics, afterall, the gallery is for my digicam pics).

So, I will work on it, but, I am slow. I have lots of projects on the go, plus work and school. I really haven't ever finished anything I've started.

I think for you nitro, the best is to customize your own. For example, the stats, something I don't need for my gallery (or most peoples), could be stored in a mysql column for misc stuff, but the formatting of the stats would either have to be custom done, or all typed in with HTML.

Back