• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

War has begun!

Originally posted by Webdude
...If he had the kind of power the U.S. has, the world would be at his mercy as he takes out every country that disagrees with him on something...

So the French are next? :p (think about that for a sec)

btw, yes that was Saddam Hussein on TV tonight...

Last edited:
Which kind of weapons does the US have that it has never used? Not trying to argue, I'm actually curious.

The one thing that makes me upset is Bush trying to hide behind the "we have the right to upkeep the UN resolutions" while knowing the almost proposed last resolution wouldn't have been agreed upon, with or without a veto.

Which countries are directly behind the US viewpoint now btw? Bush said 35 :confused2

Suspected Iraqi missile fired
March 20, 2003

A SUSPECTED Iraqi missile has been fired into the Kuwaiti desert near US troops.

US army troops at Camp New Jersey in the Kuwaiti desert have donned gas masks in response to the alert.

[AAP]

Originally posted by CareBear
Which countries are directly behind the US viewpoint now btw? Bush said 35 :confused2
I found an answer to my own question.. some countries on the list include Holland, Hungary, Belgium, Nicaragua and the Philippines. Holland isn't pro as far as I know, Belgium certainly isn't, Nicaragua hasn't taken sides, the Philippines haven't condemned the war but haven't made any offer to help so far either.
Makes me wonder if not everything the US says isn't based in part on deception.. there's certainly been some proof of deliberate fabrication of evidence so far :confused2

I also found http://www.bretzelforbush.com/ :D

I agree 100% with Carebear. The United States have merely used the names of a bunch of random countries who were indifferent to the war. Most of the countries on the list are like, "Yeah, yeah, we support you" without doing anything. That's like considering the fans of the New York Yankees a part of the team. They're certainly not for the Red Sox (i.e. France, China), but they aren't actually playing for the Yankees (i.e. US, UK). :)

Originally posted by conkermaniac
but they aren't actually playing for the Yankees (i.e. US, UK). :)
And the Aussies :devious2: Typical American conker, forgetting that we are there too...:mad: :p

I was just giving two examples, Jan. If you'll notice, I left out Russia and Germany on the "against" list as well. :p

Plus, Spain is a player in the war as well.

Plus, Spain is a player in the war as well.
But Spain won't actively fight, just play a supporting role.
I didn't want to touch those countries that are "vague"... Turkey will allow some use of European military bases right now but no stationing of American forces so not sure if you can dub it pro or contra.

It's one of his doubles. Compare the bags under the eyes, the extra skin under the chin, etc. Not to mention, the original Saddam looks a lot more weathered. Look for signs of stress in facial features.

It's one of his doubles. Compare the bags under the eyes, the extra skin under the chin, etc. Not to mention, the original Saddam looks a lot more weathered. Look for signs of stress in facial features.
I just finished watching a documentary about several different people that did research on Saddam and his doubles and their conclusion was that the original Saddam has probably been long gone/dead since '99 and that he's mostly just become a myth now.
Not that I'm just accepting it as fact but it was very interesting to watch.

Sorry bout not reading the whole thread, but on the Saddam face thing...

At first, when I saw it, I didn't think it looked like him. He looked FAT (his face). And, of course, it was taped...but it could have been taped after the bombings still... Apparently now the voice tests confirm it was his voice, so...I suppose it's a question of when it was recorded. That would be damn cool if they did get him though...it seems he was eager to prove he was still alive though...either that, or someone else was eager to try and make it seem he was still alive.

Notice there was a "transmission break" between the date and the bulk of the address

Actually, I think this guy looked more weathered than the other videos of Saddam that I have seen. Anyway, the voice analyses are enough for me to believe that this was the real Saddam.

Actually, I think this guy looked more weathered than the other videos of Saddam that I have seen. Anyway, the voice analyses are enough for me to believe that this was the real Saddam.
Bleh. Who knows they could have dubbed his voice, Maybe Saddam had advanced technology and used the text to speech thingy :D

<edit> it could be saddam:

read this:

Here you see Saddam, usually smiling benevolently, in a variety of guises and poses - in military uniform, say, or in traditional ethnic dress, or tweed cap and sports jacket; he might be surrounded by his family or be seen jiggling a young child on his knee - the would-be father-figure of the Iraqi nation.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1100529.stm

Last edited:
I saw on CBS earlier today that a German guy (don't remember what his actual title is) has found Saddam has 4 doubles...taking a picture he knows is Saddam he has looked at crucial things the plastic surgeons can't change, nose tip, cheek bone, and has compared them to the other three...he found that the broadcast is the real Saddam.
Of course, I completely missed the broadcast, but I did catch that.

But the other side of that....they can take a guys who's a slight smaller, but effectively the same build. Then dont have to change the cheeks, nose, and all that. They simply pad and form them up under the skin to make an exact match..... and you just KNOW those guys are getting paid good...LOL

Back