• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WARNING - BAD HOST!!!

CompuTwin.com

I have had a horrible experience on DigitalSpace.net, and I've only been on their host for a month and a day. I found out about DigitalSpace.net from a site that I used every day to check my pop email (MailCenter.com.ru - Run by Zefnet.com). I had a good experience using a site hosted there. There hadn't been any downtime that I had seen. I signed up for their $3 dollar a month plan. The first trouble I had came a day later, with CGI. The CGI scripts that I uploaded would appear as blank pages. The problem was occuring less as the days went on. Then I started to get annoyed with their support. I called them about the problem, and all I could find out is that their voicemail account is full and try again another time. Their support has taken up to 5 days to answer a question, and this question was telling them about their downtime with httpd, and ftpd. The response I got back just asked me to tell me what the Ftp daemon said back about CHMODs - which was written right in my original message. DON'T USE THEM! Now telnet isn't working and I can't CHMOD a SINGLE script on my site. I am not giving my site address out, because I do not want them to find out who is doing this. All I can say is that my regular site address is http://www.computwin.com . BTW - I cannot find any contact info for Landon Dirgo, the site's owner. I found the old DigitalSpace.net phone number from NSI (When DigitalSpace was in FL, not CA), but it was disconnected. If you have any more information about DigitalSpace.net or complaints, please contact me at admin@mainarea.com . * * Note: Landon Dirgo - If you are reading this, please email me and explain to me why these problems happened, and I might consider taking this post off.

A friend of mine had a site hosted from there and he kept telling me it was always down.. he no longer has the domain hosted there (it had more downtimes than uptimes). They seem like a good host though...

I have been using them for 2 years and have had no significant problems. It is true that occasionally telNet is down (rarely) and it is true that customer service can be hard to get hold of (although they have always responded within 24 hours) but at the cost of $3 per month, I am more than pleased with the service I have been getting. If this is not for you then pay 5 times that and get better service.

Down Syndrome: For New parents

Back