• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Design Services

mrmixx

Offering high quality web services. Visit the website and contact me for more information.

http://www.mrpablo.com/work/

The website would include 7 pages with content supplied. Search engine readiness and submission. Can take care of all the technical aspects of the site as well, and offer consulting for the desired goal in marketing, positioning, and functionality. The cost for these web services would be $500 including $100 down.

Thank you.

Why would anyone want to play $500 for a website with only 7 pages. When someone asks me to design a page I charge them from 20 to 40. up to 100 pages, using SSI, JavaScript, Flash, and many other features. I not only make the web site search engine ready, I have a program that submits the site to over 2000 search engines and 3000 ffa sites. And only for $40. I do all html coding by hand and I always promise that the customer is satisfied. So are people asking $500 web design. I'd only pay that much if I was getting unlimted amount of pages.

$500 is crazy considering the '5 minute' look of your website. Lose the standard font, and make some good graphics. Those look like you made a symbol, added noise, threw in some cheap Xenofex filters and called it a graphic. The coolmail address looks newbie-ish. The sites in your portfolio seem to all be yours. That whole 7 page thing is just bad business. An intelligent person would charge by the hour ($15-$30/hour) like pretty much everyone else does. Why so much? Can you develop scripts, databases, or any important things for businesses?

Web Design

This is in reply for Drunkmule

Well first of all if you can get away with it than that is what you want. I don't know how you can make sites so big, and only charge $40 dollars, I think your getting robbed. I would only do that if I worked on it for say 2 hours. Is that how long it takes for you to make a 20 to 40 page site. And from looking at your pages, they weren't really nice in terms of graphics. But if you know SSI, JavaScript, and Flash you should be charging more. I don't get it.

This is in reply for Nick

Well, it is better to charge a flat rate if you know what your're doing that way both sides are happy. If you charge by the hour the other party doesn't know if your jipping them, you could sit there the whole week, and they wouldn't appreciate that. Charging by the hour is good, however a flat rate works well also. Why do you say it is so much, A website takes up to two weeks, or one week to make a real quality one. Have you looked at how much companies charge for websites. Now to tell you the truth those websites in my portfolio took about 3 days.

I appreciate your comment however anyone can see that my page looks more than like a 'five minute' site, becuase it has graphics, rollovers, and original art that had to be created. The only standard font is on the buttons. As for your comment about the symbol how do you think I created it, first I did sketches then I put it into Illustrator then I put it into photoshop, that is very time consuming. I don't know how you create web sites, but I couldn't go to any of your links.

Re: Web Design

Originally posted by mrmixx
Well, it is better to charge a flat rate if you know what your're doing that way both sides are happy. If you charge by the hour the other party doesn't know if your jipping them, you could sit there the whole week, and they wouldn't appreciate that.

That's why you have to run on honesty. There is a trust involved. Lets turn the tables on you, what if a guy charges by the hour and is an honest business man and a guy that charges a flat rate (and is honest) are the choices for a client. The hourly rate guy charges $30/hour and the flat rate is $500.

The site takes both men 5 hours total for a QUALITY site that is well put together. Now, is the client going to pay $150 for 5 hours or $500 for five hours. The flat rate is the guy that is jipping the client if you ask me.

Charging by the hour is good, however a flat rate works well also. Why do you say it is so much, A website takes up to two weeks, or one week to make a real quality one.

Mostly every one of my sites are made within one to five days. The process includes a paper sketch, 2+ hours in photoshop digitally sketching, color scheme experimentation, hand writing the HTML into a text-pad program, and then making the graphics. CGI/PHP/etc would come last if used.

Have you looked at how much companies charge for websites.

Not nearly as much as you're charging.

I appreciate your comment however anyone can see that my page looks more than like a 'five minute' site, becuase it has graphics, rollovers, and original art that had to be created.

I'm sorry, but you cannot convince me that you spent much time on that. I could make that 5-15 minutes flat. There is nothing special about it. Rollovers are nothing, you could make them in Photoshop in a few seconds.

The only standard font is on the buttons.

I was speaking of the Times Roman font for the text, not the graphics.

As for your comment about the symbol how do you think I created it, first I did sketches then I put it into Illustrator then I put it into photoshop, that is very time consuming.

That symbol did not have to be made in Illustrator. That was the waste of time. You could easily do that in Photoshop within a minute or two.

I don't know how you create web sites, but I couldn't go to any of your links.

Because NetCabins is down at the moment.

I don't know about you guys, but i dont charge a flat rate, or by hour, I get an idea of what the customer wants, gives him a quote, and do the job. Ive found it works better for both parties that way, the designer gets a good amount of work, and the customer gets the product with everything he wants on it. Ive done several things this way from designing websites for $100 to installing complex CGI scripts for $50.

$500 is WAYYY to much. Well, being 15 I wouldn't want to do any commerical sites myself right now, but I think I can safely say that if those people in your Web Design porfolio payed $500, they got ripped off. As for your site...*cough* crappy . Sorry, but someone trying to sell there web design services with a site like that...it just doesn't fit.

From http://www.mrpablo.com/work/resume.htm[/i]
Objective: To work at a dynamic web design company to apply creative designs, and formed computer skills.

*snort* There was nothing "dynamic" about your page(s).
Skills: Type 40 words a minute.

You call that a skill?!!? *ROFLOL*

Your imagemap at http://www.mrpablo.com/work/center.htm is lame. Your email link goes "mailto://elgato@coolmail.net" ... WTF?! You can't code HTML properly?!! Your whole site sucks. Nothing original and/or special about it at all. :mad:

Huh?! Making the kinda site you made is "time consuming"?? I find that very hard to believe... if it was "time consuming" for you, then you must not be very experienced with making webpages and images... and you're thinking of offering to do web and graphics design with that kinda skill? No wonder you're charging $500 for web design, it'll probably take you months to get anywhere near decent...

*screws up face like I just sucked on a lemon* And I gotta pay $500 for that - what you call, a page???? Oops, my bad, that's seven pages...
<sarcasm> wow! What a great bargain!! I pay FIVE HUNDRED FREAKIN' BUCKS for SEVEN PAGES that looks like FUKIN' SHIT!! Whatta DEAL!!!!!! </sarcasm>
That's a complete rip off, man... :mad::mad:

mrmixx, I do all my webdesign mostly for fun. The day it isn't fun I'm going to quit. Since I love every minute that I'm working on a website. It doesn't matter how muh someone pays me. I'd rather have someone send me and e-mail telling me that I've done a good job. I might care more about money if dollar bills say "good job on it". No I don't make a living off making websites, but I' happy knwoing that a client is happy.

Anyway, it's still very overpriced for 7 pages.

When I first heard about paying for web designing, I was shocked. I mean, people would actually pay money for webpages? It's so simple to create a decent website yourself... and you don't lose a dime. Later on I figured that some people just don't have the time to design/make the website themselves, so they ask somebody else to do it for them and, naturally, pay them. Okay, this much I'll accept.

Here I'm hearing somebody asking for $500 to design/make a website? And only 7 pages? Maybe you're talking about "Five Hundred Japanese Yens"... not "Five Hundred US Dollars"?

Originally posted by LeX
When I first heard about paying for web designing, I was shocked. I mean, people would actually pay money for webpages? It's so simple to create a decent website yourself... and you don't lose a dime.

not everyone has the skill needed to program dynamic pages or design graphics.

Yes, I realize that. I said, "When I first heard.....I was shocked." it means used to be shocked, as in past tense... and I did mention a decent website, I don't recall mentioning the words "dynamic" or "professional" or "interactive".

[Edited by LeX on 02-10-2001 at 11:15 AM]

Originally posted by LeX
Objective: To work at a dynamic web design company to apply creative designs, and formed computer skills.

Your imagemap at http://www.mrpablo.com/work/center.htm is lame. Your email link goes "mailto://elgato@coolmail.net" ... WTF?! You can't code HTML properly?!! Your whole site sucks. Nothing original and/or special about it at all. :mad:

Huh?! Making the kinda site you made is "time consuming"?? I find that very hard to believe... if it was "time consuming" for you, then you must not be very experienced with making webpages and images... and you're thinking of offering to do web and graphics design with that kinda skill? No wonder you're charging $500 for web design, it'll probably take you months to get anywhere near decent...

*screws up face like I just sucked on a lemon* And I gotta pay $500 for that - what you call, a page???? Oops, my bad, that's seven pages...
<sarcasm> wow! What a great bargain!! I pay FIVE HUNDRED FREAKIN' BUCKS for SEVEN PAGES that looks like FUKIN' SHIT!! Whatta DEAL!!!!!! </sarcasm>

I'm glad someone picked up the slack that I left behind ;).

yah i completely agree but just wondering this is your phone number (voice mail) listed on your website

Voice: 1-(8/77) 782-7509

just wondering so i can call you up where is the / on the phone (oh this is directly from your website) and is it ureach?

Charging $500 for web development is just average for a freelancer or one man company. Alot of services today charge per the hour and I think it's too expensive. Having a flat rate is not a bad idea but it will not always work on all types of projects because they could be small or big like enterprise size. Alot of people wouldn't agree. I completely agree with DogFood, get the necessary details about the project and give him/her a rough initial quote. Clients should usually request a quote first. There's alot of web design firms today charges more than $500 for a small project. Their initial fee could start at around 700$ and then they charge per the hour.

It's really up to him if he charges so much or so less, the only thing that matters is getting clients to buy your service either it's professionally done or amateurish. I know a couple of successfull web design firms who charges so much but the quality of their work is merely average. Why are they so successfull? Because they know how to market and advertise their service. Also, it's up to the client to research the best service in terms of pricing and quality of the work.

I myself dont' charge per the hour or having a flat rate but I need the details of the project then I give a rough quote.

i know a designer who charges around £150 ( $225 ) per hour and his clients gladly pay and he sucks at being a designer.

what is that?

Excuse me Mr. Lex, but where the hell are your manners? did you grow up on a farm? ya know...helpful critism is good, but do you actually have to say what you said? you could have just told him that with the skills he has you don't recommend that he do this for money or something. do you have to be so critical about it? even if you are the BEST designer in the world - and i'm sure you aren't - you still don't have to shoot those who aren't down!

Originally posted by LeX

Re: what is that?

Originally posted by timchak
Excuse me Mr. Lex, but where the hell are your manners? did you grow up on a farm? ya know...helpful critism is good, but do you actually have to say what you said? you could have just told him that with the skills he has you don't recommend that he do this for money or something. do you have to be so critical about it? even if you are the BEST designer in the world - and i'm sure you aren't - you still don't have to shoot those who aren't down!

hmmmmmmm no

Back