• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Host Allience

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Andy

NLC
NLC
Do you have any abbusive clients? Perhaps they have attacked your server or used it to send out mass spam?

I for one hate spam. (just a rough # but I have 7k junk emails just for today)
As webhosts we need to join together to stop it. Sure we may only prevent 1% of spam but thats still 700 emails less I have to delete. I have been thinking that we need to bann together and form an allience. With A dedicated allience we would only allow Confirmed webhosts we can post the information of spammers so we can take appropriate actions to make sure they can't attack again. There will have to be an code of ethics involved that all members will have to live to as if it was the bible.

I was wonding who else would be interested in supporting this? In addition to hosting and a domain (which GeekRack will provide) I'm going to need a nice webdesign, members that will help confirm new members are real webhosts, ect

Who here is interested in joining and helpping cut spam 1 person at a time?

Edit we (GeekRack staff) just registered whalliance.com We will be setting up a smf forum shortly

Last edited:
You can add us into that :)

Just let me know if you need anything done too.

Last edited:
Isn't there a lot of policy writing to do? I mean potentially you'd have to investigate and be sure about many legal aspects related to this kind of thing. Is it a raise awareness by name and shaming site? What does it do exactly? Sorry for the questions, to me it just seems a bit more difficult than it sounds.

Hey,

You may be perfect to assist.. I have been developing StopFraudNow which is sole purpose is to keep records of abusive clients, fraud orders etc..

We have been tied up in development as our develops that were planing to do this for nothing left, leaving me to pay for this in chunks.. I am expecting to have the first section ready Jan 1st..

Possibly we can work with each other to remove these spammers, fraudsters etc.

Edit (Merged tickets):

Originally Posted by James
Isn't there a lot of policy writing to do? I mean potentially you'd have to investigate and be sure about many legal aspects related to this kind of thing. Is it a raise awareness by name and shaming site? What does it do exactly? Sorry for the questions, to me it just seems a bit more difficult than it sounds.

You hit the nail on the head, I have been tied up in insuring I meet all the legal policy's for stopfraudnow... the projects been in Dev stage for 2 years... were finally gonna be getting online in 08 thank goodness..

Edit 2:
Okay well STF is non-profit based.. We don't take any cash home, we would be having an donation/revenue building that covers our expenses only (servers etc.). So if your policy's are like that and not to make money, I could possible work with you guys.

Last edited:
Hey,

You may be perfect to assist.. I have been developing StopFraudNow which is sole purpose is to keep records of abusive clients, fraud orders etc..

We have been tied up in development as our develops that were planing to do this for nothing left, leaving me to pay for this in chunks.. I am expecting to have the first section ready Jan 1st..

Possibly we can work with each other to remove these spammers, fraudsters etc.

Edit (Merged tickets):

You hit the nail on the head, I have been tied up in insuring I meet all the legal policy's for stopfraudnow... the projects been in Dev stage for 2 years... were finally gonna be getting online in 08 thank goodness..

Edit 2:
Okay well STF is non-profit based.. We don't take any cash home, we would be having an donation/revenue building that covers our expenses only (servers etc.). So if your policy's are like that and not to make money, I could possible work with you guys.

That would be lovely. As I said I had this thought 20 min ago. I'm glad for the enthusiasm. I will be contacting an attorney for the legalities monday morningish.

The purpose is to stop fraud/spammers/hackers/people who make webhosts mad (you know what I mean)

We will allow (and confirm identity of members) webhosts that are non fraudulent ( meaning have customer reviews that state they have semi decent service on sites that are plublic and not owned by them. (meaning I would never let HostParlor Join!!! I am making a group of advisor's besides my webhost so that we are constantly making this fair for all.

I can see where the legalities can almost stop it dead in the water.

When you release details there are all sorts of problems can arise, getting the info wrong for one.

Possibly 'to start with' making it a private forum for the origional intended purpose.

Yes let us know how that meeting with the attorney goes. As long as that is all good and simple it might be something which is needed.

We will allow (and confirm identity of members) webhosts that are non fraudulent ( meaning have customer reviews that state they have semi decent service on sites that are plublic and not owned by them. (meaning I would never let HostParlor Join!!! I am making a group of advisor's besides my webhost so that we are constantly making this fair for all.
Considering our past experience with you, I find it funny that you are involved in a project like this and are even dropping names...

Okay, one issue is the fact you cannot stop an company from using the service.. Like confused why they cannot use the service and report things.. Host Parlor, may be an scam but the idea is they get scam orders as well that and abusive clients as well that should be reported..

If you limit like that your run into the same legal issues Host Jury was heading for.. with not removing companies from lists.. A service like this has to be 100% open for it to work.

Stop Fraud Now, had backings of companies like Layered Tech SoftLayer, The Planet, and other companies like Future Shop, Walmart etc... And those are not even hosting providers.. because the details that are shown can be used by many companies.

- Patrick, please pm me me details, before I put an agreement in place with them... I am sure Richard wouldn't be happy if i did.

Okay, one issue is the fact you cannot stop an company from using the service.. Like confused why they cannot use the service and report things.. Host Parlor, may be an scam but the idea is they get scam orders as well that and abusive clients as well that should be reported..

If you limit like that your run into the same legal issues Host Jury was heading for.. with not removing companies from lists.. A service like this has to be 100% open for it to work.

Stop Fraud Now, had backings of companies like Layered Tech SoftLayer, The Planet, and other companies like Future Shop, Walmart etc... And those are not even hosting providers.. because the details that are shown can be used by many companies.

- Patrick, please pm me me details, before I put an agreement in place with them... I am sure Richard wouldn't be happy if i did.

I agree my mind is changed in the issue. As I said before I want this to be oppen to any one with a valid company that wants to stop fraud in the webhosting bussniess. I also want to appoint a board of directors to watch over the site. (make sure we dont get $$ happy) Any one interested should look out on the announcement board.

I can see where the legalities can almost stop it dead in the water.

When you release details there are all sorts of problems can arise, getting the info wrong for one.

Possibly 'to start with' making it a private forum for the origional intended purpose.

It will be private for webhosts that are confirmed only. That is why I need help with staffing.

Last edited:
If its going to be private like that Andy, you cant choose any one that is tied to an hosting company as that is then bias's, which is not good for this sort of thing.

Well if it's that bad, you should tell us what happened and explain. oldman2

He accused me of hacking his site when he owned LH awhile ago. I did not do that. He wrote a letter to my isp and convinced them to shut down my internet. I did not do that nor do I know how to hack. I used my history to go directly to a link to send a private message as it was much easier to use then to click the button since I sent alot of private messages there. This despute is long over and I'd like it to end. That is the short version I can go into great detail if you would like. However that will have to wait as I have an appointment in 40 min.

If its going to be private like that Andy, you cant choose any one that is tied to an hosting company as that is then bias's, which is not good for this sort of thing.

I am going to have it ran by plublic election on the forum once we get it setup properly. There will be a few diffrent webhosts involved in the leadership of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back