• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Host Allience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to turn the thread into a flame war, so this is all I am going to say.

Look at it this way: If your ISP shut your connection down due to the logs we showed them, they must have verified them, and therefore, come to the same outcome as us - You used an exploit on our forum software to gain access to the main account - Hey, your IP was in the main liberty-host cPanel account. How would it have got there then?

I think you guys are thinking too far into this. It doesn't need to be so complex and intricate... It could just be a forum, where registration requires you to be a host.

I do not want to turn the thread into a flame war, so this is all I am going to say.

Look at it this way: If your ISP shut your connection down due to the logs we showed them, they must have verified them, and therefore, come to the same outcome as us - You used an exploit on our forum software to gain access to the main account - Hey, your IP was in the main liberty-host cPanel account. How would it have got there then?

Please post your so called proof plublicly. I give my full consent for you to do this.

I can turn isps against people to with out proof to My brother has an important role in a big internet company. Its all about who you know not what proof you have adn that is what the problem with society is. Here I am trying to start someting nice for the better good and there you go trying to put me down.

Note to mod : I'm not trying to flame him I feel he is attempting to ruin my creditiblity and I should have a right to defend it. I have in no way been of any major harm to FWS. I love you guys and the work you provide. If you do a search you will see some conflict between us in the past. I feel it is settled long ago (not necessaraly the best way but I learned from my mistakes. If your not happy with a host start your own. I think that I would not have a sucessful position and work as hard as I do if it wasn't for him. There for I want to add a big Thank you to him.

I think you guys are thinking too far into this. It doesn't need to be so complex and intricate... It could just be a forum, where registration requires you to be a host.

Thats what I'm planning for a start. Maybe a custom button " Proud member of the WH ALliance " Maybe work our way up to WebHostingStuff code of ethics level in the future :)

Last edited:
I can go into great detail if you would like. However that will have to wait as I have an appointment in 40 min.

I was talking to TeenZine yesterday on AIM he said he doesn't even know how to hack anything, he said he's only 13. :)P)

Funny how you said last year you were 13 years old and now you even have appointments! You're one important 14 year old kid huh?

Actually im 22, and the only reason that i posted is because your statement defies logic and reason. Get your facts straight before trying to flame someone and make a complete --- of yourself.

Well I think I'm out again as I can see a load of conflict, until that gets sorted I'll stay on the sidelines with this one.

Well public proof..

ISP's will not terminate a client unless theres sound proof.. I worked in one for 6 months back in the day, and it was as simple as looking in the closed folder to see reports of piracy that they just close..

So if an ISP terminated you, the reporter went though a lot of headaches to get the proof they needed.. So you did it!... thats all there is to it, you cant BS proof to an isp like that.

The fact you are now getting defensive, and acting immature along with the reported news from Patrick, forces me to be out on this completely unlike Decker's sideline thinking.

Also so your aware to the person above that said you don't have to think to far into this.. This is sensitive material, you are forced to have several offshore protected backups, have news feeds on attempts to access published for the government.. This is no joking matter as soon as your dealing with others details you force yourself into an matter of security and safety... Its taken me 2 years to get a pass on my project for those matters..

You can just start this overnight and then when people mention things say "you cant think this deeply, it could just be a forum (BAD, EASY HACKABLE) that you register to)"

But as I mentioned, I am out on this due to several reasons...

Actually im 22, and the only reason that i posted is because your statement defies logic and reason. Get your facts straight before trying to flame someone and make a complete --- of yourself.

Then why did you say last year you were 13 and you couldn't possibly hack a server? Are you not the user TeenZine with a new name? Both my statements are well on logic and reason as you can see, It's just a matter of searching your old posts :wave:

It is an crappy how the past follows you... :(... nice research Dini, Also just a side not, I do think he is young, I am not sure why an 22 year old could possibly spell "Allience" and do it 3 times inside his post without noticing.. Spell check please (I know I'm not always spelling perfect but when its something like this your public appearance matters, that includes spelling)... like come on..

Last edited:
Josh D,

I think it's quite enough from you. Geekrack never meant harm on anybody and the past issue he had with with Galaxy-hosts.com is private and you do not have the full story or the full turn of events from both perspectives.

If you think it's acceptable for you to now start denouncing somebody for their spelling (actually he bought the domain with the correct spelling, so he sure knows how to spell the word), you are quite wrong.

You Josh for one will remember the thread from quite some time ago, where you ripped our website design. You arn't any better. Yes it's crappy how the past follows you isn't it now?

Think we could use a new section 'Threads Not To Remember' and maybe revisit the idea in the future when sleeping dogs can do just that.

Josh D,

I think it's quite enough from you. Geekrack never meant harm on anybody and the past issue he had with with Galaxy-hosts.com is private and you do not have the full story or the full turn of events from both perspectives.

If you think it's acceptable for you to now start denouncing somebody for their spelling (actually he bought the domain with the correct spelling, so he sure knows how to spell the word), you are quite wrong.

You Josh for one will remember the thread from quite some time ago, where you ripped our website design. You aren't any better. Yes it's crappy how the past follows you isn't it now?

Hey James,

I was not in any means trying to denounce anyone for there spelling, but making it clear, that it seems to have been a scare from both sides. I do have the story from Galaxy (Patrick) who messaged me as requested regarding this.. I am not sure what I can say, but if an ISP terminated the client then the story in fact must be true.

In regards to him ordering it, it was him it was the CEO for GeekRack (different person, according to the owner on msn) so that is why I mentioned this, in regards to other claims. I do apologize I don't mean it to be rude, but in-turn an learning experience... With issues like this you are required to have the information planned before coming to an community looking for support.. Else this happens.. Again my apologizes if it was in any way hurtful.

In regards to stealing an design, I believe if this is what I think its about, was made perfectly clear at the time, that it was not in-fact myself but an designer, and the site was removed within minutes of the notification on my end and the designer fired. So I cannot comment much on that, without going back in and looking at it, feel free to pm me the link or some details and I will revisit that issue.

Again my post was not meant to be denouncing, but in fact just the straight facts, to help the OP realize that he will need alot more planning before he can visit a topic like this... The part of the past, was in regards to how people were referring to him etc.. I did not say I was perfect, no one ever is.. I know how it feels to have an past event effect your business.. That doesn't mean you don't keep going for it.. but you look for another way to be professional and offer the service you want to offer.. His plans were not the best IMO for that.

Alright, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm just saying give the guy a chance because everybody makes mistakes.

But by saying that, I'm not saying I think that GeekRack made a mistake. ISP closing an account doesn't really serve as evidence for me. If Patrick will not properly back up his claims publicly, he should not have made such a claim public - simple.

And actually having seen GeekRack around here he doesn't come across a sort of guy who would hack. Not convinced he would know how to hack either. :p

James,

Since when do you need to know how to hack to use an exploit? It kids as young as 12 are "exploiting" scripts, i'm sure he would be capable.

The information you are asking for, is somewhere on my computer, but I'm not really worried about finding it, we presented the information to his ISP (I spent most of a day talking to them on the phone, I can still remember how p1ssed off I was because it was an indian call center). I emailed them the logs, and his connection was shutdown within 2 weeks after they completed an interal investigation.

Anyway, GeekRack, did you tell everyone about the time after this, when you got your new connection, that you took the role of a solicitor/lawyer in your local area and contacted us, I forgot what he was called now. You do know thats illegal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back