• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Hosting with Php, MySQL, and wildcarded DNS?

m3i2

Do you guys know of a free domain hosting service that allows PHP, MySQL, and Wildcard DNS?

(And more webspace would be cool)

There are thousands of hosts out there, so if I don't have to pay then it would be nice to know :eek:

(Incase you're all wondering, I am attempting to create a free redirection service).'

Thanks,

-m3i2

Last edited:
Use something like everydns.net

Then go to www.ghs20.com and request an account in their forums.

Now in everydns put this:
*.domain.com CNAME blahblahblah
domain.com CNAME ns.kootenayweb.bc.ca
www.domain.com CNAME ns.kootenayweb.bc.ca

and it will work fine.

Thanks,

But I have another question:

Let's say I use www.mydomain.com - CNAME - Value? If my site was "geocities.com/somefakesite/index.html", would that go in for the value?

Sorry, I'm just not sure how this works :eek:

P.S. ghs20.com sounds pretty good! But "TLD sign ups are disabled for the time being." Oh well, maybe if it comes back up :biggrin2:

-m3i2

Last edited:
no you can't do that. It's only good for nameservers and other stuff

who's your domain registrar? registerfly lets you have cnames and url forwarding..

*edit*
oh yeah for php and mysql go to www.madsims.net/forum and request domain hosting. then put this in everydns.net:

www.domain.com CNAME ns.nozonenet.com
domain.com CNAME ns.nozonenet.com

Last edited:
Originally posted by EpidemiK
no you can't do that. It's only good for nameservers and other stuff

who's your domain registrar? registerfly lets you have cnames and url forwarding..

*edit*
oh yeah for php and mysql go to www.madsims.net/forum and request domain hosting. then put this in everydns.net:

www.domain.com CNAME ns.nozonenet.com
domain.com CNAME ns.nozonenet.com

My Registrar IS Registerfly, but they don't allow a wildcard.

And what should I type instead of "blahblahblah"? madsims?

Thanks,
-m3i2

Thanks,

But I've known how to create a wildcard with everydns.net. The problem is how to put in a wildcard for a particular host. I mean, in the "value" field, could I simply put "Geocities.com/...?" I doubt it. So what hosts will let me put their domain/IP in for the value?

Ty,
-m3i2

do you mean you want domain hosting and want to know what to put in the value field for "www" and "@" OR "*"?

do you mean you want domain hosting and want to know what to put in the value field for "www" and "@" OR "*"?

Yes, What webhost can I put in for the "value" field?

Use something like everydns.net

Then go to www.ghs20.com and request an account in their forums.

Now in everydns put this:
domain.com CNAME ns.kootenayweb.bc.ca
www.domain.com CNAME ns.kootenayweb.bc.ca

and it will work fine.

This is OT, but oh well..

If GHS20.com had domain hosting enabled, how would setting the CNAMES for %domain% and www.%domain% so they point to my name server(s) work with GHS20.com, which is on a different network?? The setup above would point %domain% and www.%domain% to an IP which has nothing to do with GHS20 (other then being the name servers and a few other small things).

Plus, if he was on GHS20, all it would take is a PM to me to set it up as the rules state that the primary name server must be ns.kootenayweb.bc.ca. In fact, if my name servers are NOT listed, your account gets closed and outside name servers are NOT allowed to axfr (transfer) the zone. :)

Sooooo.... You'd end up with a setup that will get your account closed, or will not work.

Last edited:
you put their nameserver (ex. ns1.host.com) in it

Thanks EpidemiK,

I'll use GHS20 when they accept domains again.

P.S.

The_Elf, can you please tell me the approximate date of when you will start accepting TLD's again?

"TLD sign ups are disabled for the time being."

-m3i2

Last edited:
Back