• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webmaster E-Zine

Zef Hemel

For as far as I know, we 'webmasters' got everything we want. Some very good Webmaster Forum sites. Enough sites with info for them. Bulletin Boards, Form Mail scripts. We don't have to do anything ourselves anymore. But as long as I create my own websites I always missed one thing: A good webmaster newsletter. One not just covering site updates and a lot of ads. Or a few freebies. No just good articles. Useful info and news about internet technologies and such.
I like slashdot.org for example but I like the push technology more, let the news come to me, and instead of me looking for the news and info.
Since I have less time I don't have time to check all of these sites anymore. Webmaster Forums, FreeWebSpace.net Boards, YaBB and some more they all have useful information. But you have to visit them, nothing wrong with that. But if you have less and less time. It's becoming a problem. I'd want a list of today's or this week's most interesting threads, articles and webmaster related info and news.
What I'm trying to say is, couldn't we just join forces and create one big e-mail magazine for webmasters? Personally I'd be willing to write articles and put everything together and so on. Let me hear your opinions.

Zef

That sounds like a very good idea, except I would replace email with a news board system. I for one would get frustrated with huge emails with everything on them. With a central news system, we can split it up to things you are actually interested in.

And it would still save time since we would only have to go to one site to get all our news...and thus, as you mentioned, go to all the sites and check out ther Bboards and news, etc...

Sort of like a webmasters unite thing :) I'm up for it in that context...

We should have both. One for if you get bored or just want to see it in a site view. And the other in a e-mail for so you can download it and read it anywhere. And print it off. So on. I sure would sign up if we had one.

Its hard to get people involved and come to a new site instead of their old ones...

Im up for it...:) but it wont be easy :(

Originally posted by Zef Hemel
Hmm, hmm maybe. But I like the fact that it is e-mail. What does the rest think?

The cover and contents could be emailed to you and you click links to visit the stories hosted on a website...

Just an idea......

I think if we all get involved we can give it a try. And maby we can get the approvial of the other sites like this on so we can use there info. How much bandwidth do you think we will need. At work we have a t1 and I can hide the site from my boss. He does nothing so it shouldnt be that hard. But sence we are an isp, I will have to trick him into getting a faster conection when we get more users. Maby I can get him to put the mony up for it too. I dont know.

A t1 should be sufficient...and pretty fast if thats the only site 'hosting' on it...

Anyway, throw a few ideas around...as I said before...I'm up for it :)

annoyed

Hmmm...it says "this board has been hacked again"... are people so against having a free forum for webmasters...isn't that what this site is?

what about

i am working at making a site and i need a help. originally it was going to be a free web host search and script search that is geared to *nix. it would be real cool to make it a ezine as well.i have graphics set out and i am almost done with the searching of webhosts. im calling it internet ports. e-mail me if any one is interested in it. e-mail me a razor85@mailcity.com if you guys are interested.

Back