• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WebSearch plus AdSense for search

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I just saw that Google AdSense has added a new feature, where you get paid for people using Googles websearch from your site. You get paid when users click on a Google advertiser link.

Anyone tried it yet? What do you think?

And they now allow sites in these languages:

Danish Italian
Dutch Japanese
English Norwegian
Finnish Portuguese
French Spanish
German Swedish

Great! :D

Wow! They are making a lot of improvements :) It is a shame I don't get these email updates (if that is what it is) because there is nowhere to change my email address in my profile. I have contacted them about it twice because the email I login with is no longer current but it remains my login :S

Yes we got it in an email. I asked them to change my email address and had to email them at adsense-support -at- google.com from the email addy in my account. If you cant then I believe you are stuck... :(

New features definately seems nice. They even made me choose the account type now "Business" or "Individual". I'm quite happy so far with them. Still keeping my fingers crossed for when i get the cheques :).

i havn't had a chance to read in detail about the websearch but does it say anywhere about having to include the search box on an established site? If not, wouldn't people just open websites dedicated to the search box to make money through Google?

There are hundreds of sites that offer PPC. Just as there are millions of search engines. I think this was a bad move for google becuase they will lose tons of money because not all the results are paid for.

How would Google lose money from this? Affiliates only get paid if someone clicks on a google advertiser link. You don't get paid if someone clicks on a normal search result.

You can only put the search box on a site that is within their terms... meaning if you wasnt allowed to use the Adsense cde you cant use the search box...

Back