• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are the advantages of web hosting?

You can place your website online?
To kill boredom? School assignment? Personnal Blog? etc

ROFL, This is a very funny question
As Wojtek just said thats the reasons for webhosting
but what do you mean do you mean what are the advantages of being a webhost over other jobs or what are the advantages of having you site online?

What are the advantages of web hosting?
Thanks
1. You get bashed by other hosts.
2. If you have an outage, you get bashed by clients.
3. You are labelled an overseller (even if you're not)
4. No time for a life.
5. If you can get past ^^, then you are at an advantage :wave:

Sorry, what do you mean by your post? When you use the word "advantage" you're supposed to compare or oppose some things, so do you mean the advantages of having a web site or the advantages of being a host?

The advantage of "being" a Web host is almost nothing these days - there is too much competition!

Wait...what are you asking? Are you interested in knowing what the advantages are to being a web host, or what the advantages are of web hosting (account features, space & bandwith, etc)?

Chris

Just based on the title of this thread, I had a whitty reply, but Jan beat me to it. She pretty much hit it on the head.

No advantages ;-)

well if you have money to burn:
Its a advantage.

Oh i forgot you get to hang in cool places like:

FWS

1. You get bashed by other hosts.
2. If you have an outage, you get bashed by clients.
3. You are labelled an overseller (even if you're not)
4. No time for a life.
5. If you can get past ^^, then you are at an advantage :wave:
As funny as that is, it is true. #4 is the worst. I am glad I got past #4, with 4 additional people answerinng support tickets I do have some time for life now.

Absolutely no advantages whatsoever. The Stealthy One hit the nail on the head.
Too many KIDS these days offering 30gb of space for 3 bucks a year. Just can't do business with them around. That's why I am now giving up website hosting.

Absolutely no advantages whatsoever. The Stealthy One hit the nail on the head.
Too many KIDS these days offering 30gb of space for 3 bucks a year. Just can't do business with them around. That's why I am now giving up website hosting.

Come on Dan, DONT GIVE UP. Once you hit the 6-12 month mark it will all be cool. Just give it some time bud :).

Sometimes one can only afford to lose so much money.

As it is you should be wishing him best of luck with his future Endevors.

So.

Best of luck Dan with all of your future Endevors as well as life in general.

Frank

1 down, 1000 left to go....

Honestly the business sucks. I suggest getting a reseller anyways because its nice to host 40 projects and not pay a dime more than you already do.

If it fails theres always game servers.

lol Cheers folks.

No I am not quitting completely. I am going into ShoutCast hosting. Much better market there and less competitive.

With the Irish financial state as it is, to survive with a business such as hosting, you need to be charging twice as much as the average reliable host that you find here, such as JewlZK. So, with a voice screaming in one ear "Too Expensive!" and my Accountant in the other ear "Too cheap!" it just doesn't work out.

HAHA, theres so many pages :S

Yes shared hosting is a waste of time better of to stick with other things now
Like IRC or shoutcast and VPS etc..

Back