• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you like better?

Upload Spot

For a free host, would you rather have multiple banners in rotation, or just google's ads?

What do you think about text links?

Thank you for your input :)

It really depends on the perspective you are asking from...

If I was to choose a free host for myself, I would most likely go with one that did not put ads on my site. And I would probably not want to post for host either. (I know I offer post for host, but lots of people do not like that) But free hosts need to make a living somehow.

I'll be completely honest now and will tell you which free host I think is the best out there (Apart from Talkhost :D)

There is a company called www.iconrate.net that has offered free hosting for a long time now.
I am not trying to promote this company as it has absolutely nothing to do with me.
But I did build my first website with them and the staff were fantastic. In fact, my first ever website is still hosted with them. It's still quite a successful website but I cannot post the link here as it is an adult site. (if JohnH is still an admin at iconrate he will know what site I mean) :)

talkhost, that has nothing to do with anything at all.

I would prefer google ads as they can look extremly natural, compared to

"Congrats, you are the 10 000th visitor" blinking in yellow, green and black background.

i used to have a free hosting company, i put google ads at the bottom. they look nice, help the content, and at the bottom dont disrupt the design.

Don't go with 468X60 ads, are very poor, depending on our sites, other like leaderboard will work better. Users often are away from "Banners"

rotating banners? well...they could do but I gonna go with tmgavin on this:) a google add looks better

google ads--attractive?

well if you're talking about the looks, I agree. But from my point of view (of the functionality) I have to stick with the google ads. SO maybe they're not so attractive :p

Back