• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do you want in a CMS?

ProQ

I'm starting to type up details for a Content Management System... I, myself, don't use CMS cuz the majority have a long learning curve or just plain suck. So, I'm going to create something even I would use. Something more flexible. I won't get into details, but I need some more suggestions/ideas before I get started on the core of the script.

While I applaud your intentions, the main problem with CMS's is that their either very specific for a certain task, such as a new CMS, and therefore only useful for that job. Or they are very generic (such as Zope) and therefore end up being very complex, very buggy systems.
I think you're going to have a hard time doing something that's useful for a lot of tasks, but good luck anyway :)

Andy.

believe me... I have thought of a pretty good way to implement the CMS. One thing I need suggestions on is the templating system... For restrictive scripts like news It's easier but in a CMS, It has to be powerful yet very flexible to be productive on the whole site. any suggestions as to how to setup the templating system?

Try looking at the htx/idc sytem microsoft invented for database access via the web it provides an easy way to provide for templates, without getting to complicated. And if you know you programming you can write asp/or php script to use them yourselves.

Back