• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened to NevaCious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panormitis

Hello,
I have a shared hosting account in NevaCious and its on their server named vps004 but this server is having downtimes every day lately, therefore I requested my account to be transferred on another server and they said that they will transfer it on another server as soon as possible.
I'm waiting for five days so far and they haven't transferred it and also they are not replying to my support tickets.
Their server is still having downtimes every day.

Is NevaCious still in business?
Does anybody know what's going on?

I do belive I had read an thread stating they were having problems with that server itself. But i havent been actually seen anything from them.

sry i cannot help much :(

They replied and they said that they were having problems with their data center.
They are moving to a different datacenter next month.
So the downtimes wasn't NevaCious fault.

I hope their downtimes are going to end now.
I like NevaCious but a lot of downtimes could affect their reputation.

Last edited:
Hi There

Today has been another problem day with our data center ,Leaseweb.

We are getting sick of this and they are costing us a fortune.

We had demanded to cancel one of our servers, therefore we did not pay for this server. And they had no other option than taking ALL our servers offline, even the servers we paid, they wanted us to pay EURO 585 instantly to get our servers back online, we refused to do this since VPS005 was cancelled.

After a lot of conversations with them they have restored the service.

But we are not satisfied at all with this, what they have been doing today is unacceptable and by the end of this month we will move to another data center in Europe.

Clients will be informed about this.

We received about 421 support tickets, so it takes time to reply to them all, and your ticket was answered within 39 minutes... I hope you received a mail informing you about this.

The other problem with VPS004 this week was a client causing extreme overloads, and this caused the server to go offline, this has been solved and the server has not been down every day.
As you may have noticed, or not if you have prepaid a year, the service is free until everything is working perfect again ,this is why we have our permanent money back guarantee, this guarantees that you do not have to pay if our service is not permanently available, for our yearly clients the billing clausule has been paused until everything is working again.

When we move to our new and more trustable datacenter ,we will be able again to guarantee optimal service and performance, since that is where we stand for and we have build up a great reputation during our period in the hosting bussenis. At NevaCious satisfaction is important and we are doing everything we can to keep you satisfied.

Kind regards
Danny Depuydt
Http://NevaCious.com

I believe it's one of their clients taking the freedom to use the server more freely then what's normal.

I've forwarded a few logs to Danny and their support regarding the activity on VPS004.

I never had an issue with NevaCious up till the weekend 4th - 6th. this month when all troubble broke loose.

Last edited:
DOS4GW said:
I believe it's one of their clients taking the freedom to use the server more freely and what's normal.

I've forwarded a few logs to Danny and their support regarding the activity on VPS004.

I never had an issue with NevaCious up till the weekend 4-6 this month when all trouble broke loose.

Correct, November is the first month with so many problems, we never had something like this before.

But like mentioned above, we are doing everything we can to continue our quality guarantee.

NevaCious said:
your ticket was answered within 39 minutes... I hope you received a mail informing you about this.

Yes I did.

NevaCious said:
As you may have noticed, or not if you have prepaid a year, the service is free until everything is working perfect again ,this is why we have our permanent money back guarantee, this guarantees that you do not have to pay if our service is not permanently available, for our yearly clients the billing clausule has been paused until everything is working again.

I didn't want to leave NevaCious, I believe that you are a good and responsible web host but I was disappointed with all these downtimes and I just wanted to find out if refund was an option.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
utcrazy said:
Nevacious dosen't have backup servers? :p

All our servers are located in the same datacenter , with the same up links ,but not in the same racks or compartment of the DC.

But when they unplug everything backup servers do not even work.

We make daily backups on our servers (raid1) + backups on "big mama" our major server with 4X250GB hard disk, so our client's files are more then safe at NevaCious.

But off course we do not have a complete copy of each clients account on a server in a different dc, for the price we charge this is simply not possible.

Panormitis said:
They replied and they said that they were having problems with their data center.
They are moving to a different datacenter next month.
So the downtimes wasn't NevaCious fault.

I hope their downtimes are going to end now.
I like NevaCious but a lot of downtimes could affect their reputation.

These down times with VPS004 did affect our reputation a lot, but thanks god we have a strong financial reserve for bad times ;).

I can give you the GUARANTEE that once we moved to our new DC everything will be going smoothly again just like you expect from us ;)

utcrazy said:
Usually providers have a small backup server in a different DC. Just my opinion.

I doubt they have this ;) believe me, after being on the hosting market for this long I know how to manage a company like Nevacious.

But I am honest with this , it is not possible to run a backup server in the unlikely event that our DC has downtime, they have pr oven to be very reliable and stable, the only problem is leaseweb, they really suck. We also have staff and other costs, so this all has to come from the small price we charge our clients ;) So backup servers that take over when there is downtime are very rare on the budget market. We only offer this for our professional clients,but they pay a lot more.

Just what I'm told to do, I figure I can trust The Planet personally with my servers, but I still keep a few servers at the Verio in case. Off site backup really is a must.

Off site backup is pretty common. I have off site backup of my server at home.
It depends on the price. If you are pay $1 per month 100MB of space and 5GB of bandwidth you won't end up with offsite backups whereas if you are paying $10 per month for 100MB of space and 5GB of bandwidth you probably will.

NevaCious is a great webhost...All hosts will have some downtime sooner or later. At least they have been prompt with this issue and have kept all of thier clients informed. Best of luck getting everything squared away NevaCious.

TJR Networks said:
It depends on the price. If you are pay $1 per month 100MB of space and 5GB of bandwidth you won't end up with offsite backups whereas if you are paying $10 per month for 100MB of space and 5GB of bandwidth you probably will.

Well.. $10.00 for 100MB and 5GB Bandwidth. I wouldn't buy because that is outragious :p

But that is a good point. Actually backups tend to be very cheap depending on how you use it. Many DC's offer it for very cheap..

eRudNet..

Not really, if you have a large number of clients it can be very expenisve, backup space isnt cheap and if you are having onsite and offsite backups then it can be very costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back