• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is networking?

jahed

i am going to start college from september and have chosen to study a networking course. the reason why i chose this course was the fact that my teachers from secondary school and some of my relatives have told me that there is a huge amount of money in that sector if i get a job @ networking!

is that true?​

btw, i have no idea what networking is? could someone give me a brief explanation of what it involves doing and what qualifications would i require to work for a company such as cisco?

thanks!!!

Hello

Well, I am not pro in networking, but you can make a very good career in such fields. For cisco.. there is one course called Cisco Certified Network Administrator.. take that course too and you will be perfect..

Steve

A network is when you connect 2 or more computers together. So take your best bet as to what networking is :p

Of which I can remember: Bus network, Star network, Ring network and Token Ring network

btw guys thanks for explaining what networking is! i would of loved to know a bit more than the basic meaning of it and want to know what i have to do if i have a career in that field! thanks

Before you do anything that gets you a lot of money in network, be prepared for around 4-6 years of wiring networks into office buildings and setting up wireless networks, etc.

You can get good money with networking, but not without a lot of good experience and a high up job. It's one of those professions that you do one of two things: get paid pennys, or get paid pounds ;)

Before you do anything that gets you a lot of money in network, be prepared for around 4-6 years of wiring networks into office buildings and setting up wireless networks, etc.

You can get good money with networking, but not without a lot of good experience and a high up job. It's one of those professions that you do one of two things: get paid pennys, or get paid pounds ;)

Richard said it quite right, you started off saying you didn't know what it was so your well down the ladder.

Companies will take you on and train you - to a very low degree, then use you to do menial tasks.

The job you have had described to you and you seek is a (sorry I cough and spit at this) network designer, like your relatives saying be a doctor.

It's a case of those who can do and those who can't fluff it!

You have a good few years to go before you could say you would like to be a network engineer, and 20 more before Cisco would look at you.

btw, i have no idea what networking is?

Pick something else that 'you' want to do.

ok forget cisco, isnt networking a good career to do without working for cisco? i will obviously be taught what networking is and other stuff in college, wont i? by that time, i should be well prepared and will have good knowledge. thats why i am trying to get some basic knowledge of you guys to start me off, not put me off!!!

there one of the main company that deal with networking with these major companys. If you want to make the money cisco is the way to go

i will obviously be taught what networking is and other stuff in college, wont i?

Learn networking .. at college :S

We was told what it was and had to look the rest up at the college I went too.

I know ;)

My advice is too see if you can go to a college that is ran by cisco (I believe there are) if you want to go into networking.

Back