• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the cheapest you can pay for .Com domains

webguru72

What is the cheapest you can pay for .Com domains to register?
How can I resell it? Do I have to be a web hosting company to do that? If I want to sell .com domains, how much would I buy them for?

webguru72 said:
What is the cheapest you can pay for .Com domains to register?
How can I resell it? Do I have to be a web hosting company to do that? If I want to sell .com domains, how much would I buy them for?

You have to get a domain reseller account, I think that some services allow you to buy 5.95 domains but you have to pay a high registration fee. The ones that charge only about $30 for signup let you buy domain for about $8 bucks.

Jan said:
Weren't you doing a deal with onlinerack.com before
I did. But when I had to change some of the ownership of 30+ domains I had to pay for all the domains to change the ownership. I did not think this was right..... 36x$7.65 is a lot of money. They used to pay for all my domains if I sign up with them, This is no longer the case.... for new domains they are charging me $10 (that includes mgmt fee) for transfers $7.65.... I own a lot of domains, I want to take them all elsewhere and save. I just want an easy interface and a spamming emails notification reminding me to renew every day when it gets to 30 days or less. I need support some good support. I learned a good lesson, do not host your domains with the same hosting company. it ties you. I am thinking of godaddy but I hear many bad things. I do not want to be tide up again.

danosd said:
You have to get a domain reseller account, I think that some services allow you to buy 5.95 domains but you have to pay a high registration fee. The ones that charge only about $30 for signup let you buy domain for about $8 bucks.
$5.95 is a good deal..... How can I do this.... what is registration fees.... Please explain more... I am new to this domain stuff. I never handled it before and I have so many domains I cannot risk. I do not mind paying a registration fee one time, but I do not want to prepay for 200 domains :confused4

webguru72 said:
I did. But when I had to change some of the ownership of 30+ domains I had to pay for all the domains to change the ownership. I did not think this was right..... 36x$7.65 is a lot of money. They used to pay for all my domains if I sign up with them, This is no longer the case.... for new domains they are charging me $10 (that includes mgmt fee) for transfers $7.65.... I own a lot of domains, I want to take them all elsewhere and save. I just want an easy interface and a spamming emails notification reminding me to renew every day when it gets to 30 days or less. I need support some good support. I learned a good lesson, do not host your domains with the same hosting company. it ties you. I am thinking of godaddy but I hear many bad things. I do not want to be tide up again.
For the record, We charged $10 to provide DNS services not for management fees and it was for 1year. Additionally we did not tie you in. We required no contracts. When you needed ownership transferred, we charged you to transfer it to your name and your clients it was $7.25 per domain which is very competitive.

webguru72 said:
Thank you. I will look at domainsite..... I am staying away from godaddy. :)

Why stay away from GoDaddy?

WebGuru, if you're looking for really cheap prices;

1.99$ at yahoo! (Need credit card) [For the first year!]
1.99$ at globat! (Need credit card) - Just take off all the hosting plans and subscriptions and it'll only be 1.99$ [For the first year!]

Last edited:
Back