• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is your favorite FTP Client...

BulletProof FTP ain't that great

Originally posted by puDDs
Man, more of you should check out BulletProof FTP. Its by far the best of the bunch....upload/download queues, resumed upload/downloads, scheduled connects/disconnects...you just can't beat it...

I have every single FTP program that people have posted here and I know that BulletProof FTP bows down and gravels at the feat of LeapFTP. LeapFTP has all those features, it uses server comands to stay connected untill YOU disconnect (no 200 second timeouts! Yay!), plus much, much more.

Stupid, pointless WS_FTP tip (that everyone probably already knows):

On the 'Startup' tab (when you have the connect box up), enter '-a' in the bottom 'Remote file mask:' area to see hidden server files. Alternatively, if you've already connected, just type '-a' in the white space below the 'MkDir' button (part of the vertical row of buttons on the right side of the window).

Re: BulletProof FTP ain't that great

Originally posted by Nick
I have every single FTP program that people have posted here and I know that BulletProof FTP bows down and gravels at the feat of LeapFTP. LeapFTP has all those features, it uses server comands to stay connected untill YOU disconnect (no 200 second timeouts! Yay!), plus much, much more.

Good to know...I'm gonna try it out.

I use WS_FTP LE mainly and the DOS one when no client is installed on the computer I'm working with. Dad brought home Leech FTP or Ace FTP (I don't remember which....something with a colorful/stylish GUI) and I didn't like it...I guess it's because I've been working with WS_FTP for the past 4 years and don't want to change lol ;)

Back