• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What makes a good punk band website....

Ammonia

OK, for a friend I am making a site for his punk band. Now I'm thinking what makes a good punk band site, its got to be dark colour schemes, but what else do you think wouldn't go a miss?

"its got to be dark colour schemes"
I'd say ditch that idea right there! It doesn't HAVE to be a dark scheme, you don't want to be copying 85% of the sites out there. I think something unique with a bit of the bands attitude somehow incorporated in the layout.
Like S.Clause has said it is a vague question as there is no real answer, anything is possible....

the site's colour scheme should match exactly with the logo of the band.
i think you don't want to use black and red, right? too many punk sites use those colors.

yes they do..and Im sure you dont want to use a green/blue theme cause well I am working on one lol.... I strongly agree with whutadilly, with it should match the logo of the band, like just think of the misfits fiend with like blue and brown...ugggllly!

Right cheers, they're logo though is pretty much just the text in a black, so that doesn't really help. I'll try to think outside the box colourwise then.

if i where make a punk website id say Neon Green and Red with a mettalic gray background.. hehe but of course it should match with the bands logo and how punk their music are.

music = emotion.Your site should have emotion,when viewing the site you have to FEEL something ,remember it's not a business site.Know what I mean?It's like making a site of a sportclub , sport is also emotion.I kept that in nmind when making a website for a soccerclub. ( http://www.wettersewezels.be )

Back