• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What the ???

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
From everyone.net's login page:

New Interstitial Advertisements
Starting on February 16, 2001, we will be incorporating behind-the-browser interstitial advertisements in the Plug-in-Email service and Control Center pages. These interstitials will appear once per login, and will not affect the email or Control Center service.

What the hell is an "Interstitial Advertisement"???????

WTF!

a full page ad after login .. ahh that bullsh*t ... can they get any worse ... that' going to make the providers of the email service look bad .. not everyone.net!

well, bmb has pop ups so now its every1.net's turn. I expected this, bummer dude.

Oh that's just lovely.... I just setup a second one with them... Maybe I should take it down quick before anyone signs up for it. :(

It's to late for me ... well prove what the your old folks told you when you were young ... "Nothing in life is free" or "No such thing as a free lunch!"

INFO direct from a Everyone.net REP.

Yes, basically the interstitial ad is an ad that will appear in it's own browser window behind the current window. They will be a maximum 300 x 500 pixels and will only be seen if the user closes out of other browser windows.

Our agreement states that we will share the ad space on our service pages 50/50 with our partners. At this time, this behind the browser interstitial is not shared with our partners.

It's not a made up word ... just a type of advertising that is rarely used ... it's a pop-up tv commercial or shall I say Web Commerical ... It's a small window that will refresh itself every so often with a new ad like TV does.

KNK is correct

interstitial is the adjective of interstice, a common medical term referring to a small place between things, an opening.

i'd been thinking 'bout using everyone.net. now i can fuhgeddaboudit.

later~
RR

Not much is better than Everyone.net nowadays, only BigMailBox has a little chance. But I think they have ugly popup ads also.

Bigmailbox...

Yeah it sucks that everyone.net beginnning to put more advertisement on it's member account, however the good thing about it is that it's server hardly ever down. I've always get downtime from BigMailBox.

Just my two cents of thought:)

Really, one ad that pops up once, when a user logs in, isn't that bad. It slows it down a bit. Now when I check my email it takes half a second longer.

It really isn't that bad at all. The window that pops up is pretty small...I hardly even notice it anymore.

Back