• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What to do to get traffic?

Shrekonline

Hello All,
I know there must be thousands of threads here on this forum regarding this but what to you reccomend I should do to increase traffic? My website is http://shrekonline.com and my current stats can be viewed here: http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=shrekon. Also my pagerank is currently 0.

I am hoping to get my traffic up to about 50 unique visitors a day by next month. I think I have decent enough content to get me there its just that I would like to know your opinions on what I should do. Thanks!

Last edited:
aidana said:
top site will do wonder for your kind of site. :)
by the way, nice site. like it. ;)

What sorts of sites do you recommend topsites for?

I'm thinking of starting a topsite on my site (see below), your thoughts?

Dear Friend Shrekonline,

Don't get upset about not having enough traffic. I can see you are having a very nice site here http://shrekonline.com/.

First of all Traffic means People. Though in sometime you will recognize Search engines bots as Traffic in your site. Ask yourself

1. Why People will visit your website ?
Ans. May be They are fan of the movie you are talking about. Though it has become old. Sites having new releases which lists the new or upcoming movies will get better traffic than you for sure. People like to know newer information always.

2. Where will they get your Website Address ?
Ans. Some friends of yours know it from you. They will say it to some others. May be search engine indexed your page and show it to people who are searching for shrek or shrek+movie or something like that. If you have submitted it to some search engines you have done good. But if you still haven't submitted it. Do it right atonce. because you need more exposure. There are some very big sites with lots of traffic everyday get 98% visitors from search engine. So Why not you?

3. How often do you update your website?
Ans. I can see a shoutbox in your website. You can put a forum where people interested in the movie or related movie can have discussion over their interest. Which will make your website worth visiting again.

4. Do you know what is SEO ? (Search Engine Optimization)
Ans. I have seen you haven't worked on your link to become more search engine optimized. Try to work on that. That will make search engine lots of sense on your website. Trust me.

See my friend, I have tried to point some important factors i think you should think about getting good traffic here by questioning and answering myself. I wish you can get some information from them. They will help you . But above all I will say

Get a Good Website Get it in Market Get a Good traffic.

Wish you good luck.

Thanks very much for that suman_haldar, its very helpful. Also thanks for you idea about putting information about upcoming movies and a forum which I have planned on doing. Thanks once again :).

Back